Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

want to join USMC

Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
98Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: adam
98Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
want to join USMC

im planning on joining the Marines next september. im currently in school for automotive analysis and repair and after that want to join. i want to do Motor Transport Automotive Organizational Maintenance really want to work on the MRAPS.

if yall can give me any advice about the marines such as what life and how bootcampis like and maybe if there is anyone in motor transport that can say how they like it and what type things they do.

i have alot of respect for the marines and every other branch for protecting us and allowing us to stay free. thank yall for yalls service
Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear!! Go for it!!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
talk to a recruiter. its pretty tough to join the military now a days since everyone is joining do to our poor economy. you better have a squeaky clean record and score high on the asvab for them to even talk to you. good luck with everything though.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
talk to a recruiter. its pretty tough to join the military now a days since everyone is joining do to our poor economy. you better have a squeaky clean record and score high on the asvab for them to even talk to you. good luck with everything though.
i have talked to a recruiter about a year ago and took the practice asvab and my record is completely clean. thank you hopefully everything will go well
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Tacoma View Post
im planning on joining the Marines next september. im currently in school for automotive analysis and repair and after that want to join. i want to do Motor Transport Automotive Organizational Maintenance really want to work on the MRAPS.

if yall can give me any advice about the marines such as what life and how bootcampis like and maybe if there is anyone in motor transport that can say how they like it and what type things they do.

i have alot of respect for the marines and every other branch for protecting us and allowing us to stay free. thank yall for yalls service
There is no reason to waste your time and money going to school for automotive analysis and repair if your going in the Marines in Sept. Serve your time, go to school while your in, and get paid to go to school when your out. Go soon as possible. The civilian school your attending is not going to help you work on MRAPS in the Corps.

If you want to be stuck inside the wire fixing broke Hmmwvs and MRAPS go for it. It may seen cool on the outside, but your going to hate your life. Go infantry, you will still hate your life but there will be a different sense of pride. The whole Marine Corps works for the rifleman. Join the Army if you want to work on trucks.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man my g-pa use to be drill instructer in the day for the marines
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i have talked to a recruiter about a year ago and took the practice asvab and my record is completely clean. thank you hopefully everything will go well
one thing my dad told me when i was lookin to join was to talk to a recruiter from every branch. one might be able to offer something better then the others.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post
There is no reason to waste your time and money going to school for automotive analysis and repair if your going in the Marines in Sept. Serve your time, go to school while your in, and get paid to go to school when your out. Go soon as possible. The civilian school your attending is not going to help you work on MRAPS in the Corps.

If you want to be stuck inside the wire fixing broke Hmmwvs and MRAPS go for it. It may seen cool on the outside, but your going to hate your life. Go infantry, you will still hate your life but there will be a different sense of pride. The whole Marine Corps works for the rifleman. Join the Army if you want to work on trucks.
i have one more semester then i will be done with school. i know that the marines is the infantry force, but i may hate it like you say but i may like it also but i know that i am still helping the infantry get their job done
Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
santacruzn beat me to it. You will hate life doing anything other than infantry in the Marines. If you want to learn a skill or work on something join another service, if you want to be a killer join the Marines. The infantry is a completely different lifestyle and mindset, but it is worth it. Its hard to explain, but in the Marine Corps, infantry is king. If you want to know what boot camp is like, read "making the Corps". You could also watch "ears open eyeballs click", a documentary on boot camp. But it was toned down a bit because of the cameras.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
why?..... Join the Navy... because digging trenches and eating MRE all day sucks
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #11
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
why?..... Join the Navy... because digging trenches and eating MRE all day sucks
You have experiance digging trenches and eating MREs?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #12
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
join the air force..life of luxury compared to marines.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
join the air force..life of luxury compared to marines.
haha x2! you get your own room in the airforce!...one of the reasons its the hardest branch to get into also
Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
santacruzn beat me to it. You will hate life doing anything other than infantry in the Marines. If you want to learn a skill or work on something join another service, if you want to be a killer join the Marines. The infantry is a completely different lifestyle and mindset, but it is worth it. Its hard to explain, but in the Marine Corps, infantry is king. If you want to know what boot camp is like, read "making the Corps". You could also watch "ears open eyeballs click", a documentary on boot camp. But it was toned down a bit because of the cameras.
i can believe that infantry is king and i respect that becuase im sure that is a completley different lifestyle of what i am looking into. i may not be on the front line but i would like to help the marines who are in on the frontlines. i respect what you are saying and i will take that into consideration
Old 12-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #15

Quote:
haha x2! you get your own room in the airforce!...one of the reasons its the hardest branch to get into also
yea i know but i have always had a large amount of respect for the marines and everything they stand for and would like to apart of the elite force
Old 12-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #17

When you sign up for a job in the Corps, you fall in a category of other jobs. Ok, let me break this down...

YOU want Motor T... These are the jobs that fall under that category.

Automotive Organizational Mechanic
3522 --Automotive Intermediate Mechanic
3523 --Logistics Vehicle System Mechanic
3524 --Fuel and Electrical Systems Mechanic
3526 --Crash/Fire/Rescue Vehicle Mechanic
3529 --Motor Transport Maintenance Chief- SSGT or above
3531 --Motor Vehicle Operator
3533 --Logistics Vehicle System Operator
3534 --Semitrailer Refueler operator
3536 --Vehicle Recovery Operator
3537 --Motor Transport Operations Chief
3538 --Licensing Examiner

Your chances of working on a Mrap or truck are about 1 in 12. Half of Motor t are drivers, not mechs.
The needs of the Marine Corps will put in whatever job that falls in the Motor T category.

Are you picking up what im putting down?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you with 1/6 Mgranade?
I was yeah, I'm a civilian now.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post
When you sign up for a job in the Corps, you fall in a category of other jobs. Ok, let me break this down...

YOU want Motor T... These are the jobs that fall under that category.

Automotive Organizational Mechanic
3522 --Automotive Intermediate Mechanic
3523 --Logistics Vehicle System Mechanic
3524 --Fuel and Electrical Systems Mechanic
3526 --Crash/Fire/Rescue Vehicle Mechanic
3529 --Motor Transport Maintenance Chief- SSGT or above
3531 --Motor Vehicle Operator
3533 --Logistics Vehicle System Operator
3534 --Semitrailer Refueler operator
3536 --Vehicle Recovery Operator
3537 --Motor Transport Operations Chief
3538 --Licensing Examiner

Your chances of working on a Mrap or truck are about 1 in 12 chance. Half of Motor t are drivers, not mechs.
The needs of the Marine Corps will put in whatever job that falls in the Motor T category.

Are you picking up what im putting down?
so theres a slim chance of him actually getting the job he wants?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #20

Quote:
so theres a slim chance of him actually getting the job he wants?
Exactly, this goes for any job in the Corps.
Besides Infantry.