Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Which Reserves should I choose?

Old 12-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Which Reserves should I choose?

I do have one dilemma. I might be medically dq'd because I have amblyopia (lazy eye) my vision is 20/100 in one eye only and 20/20 in the other. My thoughts were the Navy Reserves, the Air Force or the Ntl' Guard. I don't have a degree and I was laid off from my job a month ago. Any input my fellow Tacoma owners can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
sandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandboxpirate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Team Leader 120th Infantry NCNG
Name: Michael
sandboxpirate's Tacoma Gallery
Can't speak to your medical condition because some jobs require more stringent medical exams than other for example aviation jobs usually require a flight physical. However I am in the Army national guard and can speak to you from my experience. If your medical clears it all depends on what you want to do...Air Force is mainly technical jobs in electronics, airframe and engine maintenance...they do have combat type positions though so you can get cold and dirty. Army Reserve and National Guard I am sure have some type of opening ranging from truck driver to infantry to uav operator and everything in between just depends on what is available and what type of units are in your area. All I can say is that plan on deploying at least one time during your enlistment....we are at war and you should plan on spending six months to a year of your life in some foreign dusty land. If you have any specific questions about the Army national guard you can pm me. Good luck with your decision talk with a recruiter from every branch you are interested in to see what's available, plan on choosing a job you don't mind doing the length of your enlistment. Also if you need full-time employment the reserves are not going to give you that..might want to look into active duty.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:17 AM   #3
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, for the insight. I really appreciate it come the 1st of the year I will be talking to recruiters.