1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Reserves should I choose?

Discussion in 'Military' started by ExpoSpy, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Dec 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    I do have one dilemma. I might be medically dq'd because I have amblyopia (lazy eye) my vision is 20/100 in one eye only and 20/20 in the other. My thoughts were the Navy Reserves, the Air Force or the Ntl' Guard. I don't have a degree and I was laid off from my job a month ago. Any input my fellow Tacoma owners can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dec 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    sandboxpirate

sandboxpirate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Where Purple Reigns
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner TRD SR5
    Camper Shell, Step Bars, Hitch, AFE Air Filter, Weatherguard Mats.
    Can't speak to your medical condition because some jobs require more stringent medical exams than other for example aviation jobs usually require a flight physical. However I am in the Army national guard and can speak to you from my experience. If your medical clears it all depends on what you want to do...Air Force is mainly technical jobs in electronics, airframe and engine maintenance...they do have combat type positions though so you can get cold and dirty. Army Reserve and National Guard I am sure have some type of opening ranging from truck driver to infantry to uav operator and everything in between just depends on what is available and what type of units are in your area. All I can say is that plan on deploying at least one time during your enlistment....we are at war and you should plan on spending six months to a year of your life in some foreign dusty land. If you have any specific questions about the Army national guard you can pm me. Good luck with your decision talk with a recruiter from every branch you are interested in to see what's available, plan on choosing a job you don't mind doing the length of your enlistment. Also if you need full-time employment the reserves are not going to give you that..might want to look into active duty.

3. Dec 31, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    Thanks, for the insight. I really appreciate it come the 1st of the year I will be talking to recruiters.

Products Discussed in

To Top