Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Death of a HERO

Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Death of a HERO

Just saw that Major Dick Winters passed. Easy Company. aka Band of Brothers. Also on the same day a good friend of mine passed. He was 83, (my best friends Father) Navy Veterin of WWII and Korea among others. Just wanted to let somebody know. Both men, while different in service, did a hell of a lot of good for our country. Both will be missed. I am not from the military, but I am proud to have known my friend and I will cherish his memories. Rest in Peace my FRIEND.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
may they both rest in peace.

they definitely deserve the recognition
Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
May both of "My Brothers" rest in peace! Heroes like them are hard to replace...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
What do you say in times like these....

Its been nine days since his passing.. And word is just now getting around. Kinda sad. This truly brought my day down. I did not know him but threw stories like I have herd threw my grandfathers eyes in WWII landing at Omaha beach, fighting at the battle of the buldge.

These class of soliders are fadeing fast and It was a privilege to watch/read his stoies along with the rest of E Company. God Speed and my god watch over there families in this time of need.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Winters really was a true American Hero. Men like him are nearly impossible to replace. Thoughts and prayers go to him and his family. God bless America!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
If you have not read "Band of Brothers" or "Beyond the Band of Brothers"
you really should. To see the leadership that Maj. Dick Winters had was amazing! His story is one that should be told to every serviceman or woman. He was a TRUE leader, a man among men. A real hero.
God rest his soul!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post

Its been nine days since his passing.. And word is just now getting around. Kinda sad. This truly brought my day down. I did not know him but threw stories like I have herd threw my grandfathers eyes in WWII landing at Omaha beach, fighting at the battle of the buldge.

These class of soliders are fadeing fast and It was a privilege to watch/read his stoies along with the rest of E Company. God Speed and my god watch over there families in this time of need.

X2, well said.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
My buddies dad, the Navy vet, brought a generator to my house durring Hurricane Jeannie AND Francis to keep me and my neighbor with power. My neighbor is an old lady,and he didn't know her. He had power in his house so he gave me the use of his generator to help me and my neighbor out. He was in his 70's at the time. He bought a new generator soon after and told me to keep his old one, mind you, this is a friend of mines father. I didn't ask for the help, he just gave it, because he could. This man gave so much, and now I will help my good friend greve, but these stories help my friend realise what a good man his father was and is. Some way in some sort he helped me and my neighbor, a stranger out. Thanks to you Mr. Moore.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post

it is my understanding that Major Winters did not want his death to become public knowledge until after he was buried. thats why it took so long.

Major Winters, RIP Sir.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Semper Fi to both men.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
'merica FTW!! RIP