Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Wanting to join the ARMY

Old 01-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
not completely true. some of the best jobs in the civilian world that pay the best are with some of these contracting companys. doing your time in the infantry or in special forces can bring you 15 grand per month non deployable in the civilian world. or if you want to deploy for some of these company's you can make up to 30K per month. so dont let anyone tell you going infantry or SF is bad because theres no jobs when you get out because its completely untrue. oh yeah and if you get a TS clearance while your in. jobs will find you to work for them. for big big money. its easyier for them to train you to do a job then it is to give someone a TS clearance
Actually brother it's alot more than that. Some of the contracts I did made me 3xs as much.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
X2 for Army Aviation.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Actually brother it's alot more than that. Some of the contracts I did made me 3xs as much.
what company did you work for? im out in about a year and ive been looking into contracting.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #24
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
what company did you work for? im out in about a year and ive been looking into contracting.
Formally something "WATER"
Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #25
terry13 is on a distinguished road
Army: 45N tank turret mech. C Co. 10th engineer battalion  Kitzigen Germany
Name: terry
terry13's Tacoma Gallery
I joined right out of highschool. If i knew then what i know now i would of did it differently. Definitley get a job that YOU want. Look at those jobs that have careers outside of the military in case you chose to get out you can still use the skills in the real world. Recruiters are like car salesman. They will tell you want you want to hear. Im not saying i was lied to or anything but at a young age i was pretty neive. Remember if you go and they dont have a job that interest you dont chose one just to be choosing or pressure from them. You can always go back another day!! Good luck in your endeavors and thanks for stepping up!!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #26
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
I thought you got to fucked up to go back in?
thats what they say but i'm going to fight my ass off to get back in cause i am far from "too broken to serve" i doubt they would let me back in the pararescue pipeline or another special tactics AFSC but i'm still gonna try. if i cant do that then i'll go pilot, but not necessarily with the air force
Old 01-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #27
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
how is armyairforce a platoon sgt as an E-5?

and combat arms is where its at. gotta love a job that doesn't exist in the normal world. not to down the other MOS at all
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #28
armyairforce89 is on a distinguished road
Army: Sgt. A Co. 1/106 Aviation
armyairforce89's Tacoma Gallery
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_tiger View Post
how is armyairforce a platoon sgt as an E-5?

and combat arms is where its at. gotta love a job that doesn't exist in the normal world. not to down the other MOS at all

Who said anything about being a platoon sgt? I am currently an E-5 sgt, I had to take a cut in rank to go from the Air Force to the Army. Now I'm working my way back up the ladder. I am very proud of my career and happy with were I am at in it. I have no need to misrepresent myself. Unlike combat arms Aviation units do things a little differently as we are a much smaller organization. I have served as an Assistant platoon sgt. as an E-5, which is not unusual in an Aviation line company. We have 45 people in the Company 23 of which are officers and 22 enlisted. A little different than a normal company.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #29
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
when i move my mouse over your military logo under your screen name it pops up Plt Sgt. you must have forgot to change that
Old 01-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #30
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
Army

I wish you the best of luck. I joined the Army at the age of 18 and have been in ever since. I love being in the Army and I would do it all over again. I have been deployed twice. Once to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. Im a truck driver in the Army. No, being a truck driver didn't help me get a career after but the experience from being in the Military did. I didn't go active duty I joined the reserves. It's another option for you. You can get trained, get paid and maybe get the push you need to get out of your town.

Like I said before I wish you luck on you jurney and God Speed.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #31
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Navy guy here going on 8 years. If you want to do military do it 100%. Whatever you choose to do, put forth your greatest effort. If you do this you will have a great experience. It wont be easy but it will be worth it. Good luck with your decision.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #32
utmck is on a distinguished road
utmck's Tacoma Gallery
What is a TS clearance?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #33
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmck View Post
What is a TS clearance?
top secret
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #34

I agree with average Joe. The reserves is a great opportunity for anyone who well... doesn't want to do full time. You still get great benefits and don't do much as work (in my experiences of active and reserve). A recuiter will tell you all the benefits you could ever want to know.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #35
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im joining right after i graduate high school
Old 01-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
BASS FISHING
1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future

Name: Wade
1990wade's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to talk with the navy recruiter monday at 10 in the morning. I have talked with them before so all i have to do is bring in my application with names and refrences so i can get a date set up to go to meps.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #37
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
looks like you're getting a lot of good advice. don't forget, there's a lot of different "jobs" in the service. some of them can lead to good paying jobs later on. looks like enlistment bonuses are pretty good. I'd consider what branch to join. if you want army,marines, fine. navy,air force, coast guard have their benefits. I was navy, and had it pretty good. good luck!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #39
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
-Pick a job you like.
-Pick a job that'll be useful on the outside.
-Get used to people telling you what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and how you did it wrong. Being married probably helps you get used to that.
-don't expect great money
-don't expect to get what you want every time you want it.
-Learn to man up when you screw up, and even if you don't, learn to bite your tongue.
-get used to 4am wake ups.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #40
BASS FISHING
1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future1990wade has a brilliant future

Name: Wade
1990wade's Tacoma Gallery
Well i picked the navy after sitting down and thinking about what i wanted in life.I go to MEPS next week so hopefully everything goes right up there with my physicla and all lol.I really think this will help me mature and grow up.Cant wait to see my granddads eyes when he see's me graduate.haha enough blabbing........Thanks guys for all the info yall have giving me.