Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military police??

Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
aoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: Air Force Special Operations Command/ Air Force Space Command/ 5th Air Force
Name: Drew
aoehrle11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
really? so you were in Pararescue and cross trained to security forces?

what indoc class were you in? what cadre member was your proctor?

No, I was security forces and crossed trained form there, why would I go backwards?? I was in the FY 2007 001 CLASS. Start date 2 Oct 2006 end date 12 Dec 2006. Anything else junior? Like I said, I'm not getting into a internet tough guy debate.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #22
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoehrle11 View Post
I was in the 6th SOS
So you were Security Forces in the 6th? When were you at the 6th? I know/knew some folks there.

If so, where were you a J and then Controller?

And why in the hell would anyone go from being a PJ/CCT to a Raven?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #23
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I myself, went through PJ school and cross trained into Combat Control. I was asked to become a Raven by my Squadron Commander. Yiu are correct, aome Raven are just cops in flight suits but there are units that actually DO SOMETHING. I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I was in a Spec Ops unit and my last unit was the Raven so they are who I claim. It's easier then rattling off all of the training and function badges I wore.
Quote:
No, I was security forces and crossed trained form there, why would I go backwards?? I was in the FY 2007 001 CLASS. Start date 2 Oct 2006 end date 12 Dec 2006. Anything else junior? Like I said, I'm not getting into a internet tough guy debate.
just curious man, things sound fishy... still curious who your proctor was cause i was in indoc not long after that. not trying to get in a tough guy debate so chill
Old 03-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #24
aoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: Air Force Special Operations Command/ Air Force Space Command/ 5th Air Force
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
So you were Security Forces in the 6th? When were you at the 6th? I know/knew some folks there.

If so, where were you a J and then Controller?

And why in the hell would anyone go from being a PJ/CCT to a Raven?

I was in the 91st Security Forces squadron in good old why not Minot AFB then I went into combat control and jump school. After graduation I joined up the the 6th Special Operations Squadron. I was doing nothing exciting at Mcguire after a while and wanted a deployment so my commander asked if I would consider being a Raven because they were in need.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #25
Quote:
just curious man, things sound fishy... still curious who your proctor was cause i was in indoc not long after that. not trying to get in a tough guy debate so chill
To be completly honest I barely remember our class number. I have the name of the proctor in my file, I'll PM it to you later today. I don't remember the names of the T.I., of any of the instructors in the Security Forces tech school but if you want those I'll send those as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #26
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I was in the 91st Security Forces squadron in good old why not Minot AFB then I went into combat control and jump school. After graduation I joined up the the 6th Special Operations Squadron. I was doing nothing exciting at Mcguire after a while and wanted a deployment so my commander asked if I would consider being a Raven because they were in need.
wait? so now you did go through the CCT pipeline first and then went Raven?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #27

Quote:
To be completly honest I barely remember our class number. I have the name of the proctor in my file, I'll PM it to you later today. I don't remember the names of the T.I., of any of the instructors in the Security Forces tech school but if you want those I'll send those as well.
you remember any of the instrucots names from indoc? how about the commandant?

were you guys still living in the dorms next to the gas station on lackland?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #28
Quote:

Hilligas was one of them and they had us in this shit hole dorm, it wasn't far from a gas station but it wasn't next to it. From our window we could see the all gril dorms that the Security Forces uses if that helps.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #29
Quote:

commandant????? You mean Commander?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #30
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gentlemen, this conversation has taken an unnecessary turn. No need to have a forum pissing contest. I did what I did, you did what you did. We are all on the same team and served this country with pride and honor. The main point was if you didn't serve, don't pose as if you did and wear military garb.

No pissing contest, just opinions. I respect the hell out of those who served. I worked in Germany for 5 years for a private US company. I lived in Queidersbach and had many neighbors who were stationed at Ramstein. Great people. They would bring me on to base to golf or attend events. They gave me AF golf shirts, golf hats, etc. I never heard them say, you shouldn't wear that suff because you aren't in the AF. By the logic I am reading, I should never wear a NFL football team hat or any sort of shirt representing a pro team just because I didn't actually play on that team? That doesn't make sense to me.

As I stated before, If you are going around representing that you served in the military through your words then you are a douche bag, period. But wearing a hat or shirt?

I have had people ask me where I was stationed and I ALWAYS say I didn't serve, I got these from buddies who did. I never had anyone act resentful that I had the gall to wear a shirt that says AF.

I am proud of my country and proud of our military and proud of those who serve....wearing a shirt that says AF shows my pride.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #31
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
really? so you were in Pararescue and cross trained to security forces?

what indoc class were you in? what cadre member was your proctor?
someone get called out?

in that case, i am a seal. with team 6.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #32
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Ok...here is the deal dude.

Your story has more holes in it than all the targets on BMGR. Some of those holes I put there.

I am an AG on Pave Hawks (I can prove that if need be). I have been asked if we are AFSOC, Special operations...and we are NOT. I do not claim we are. We were at one time...but no longer. Do we do Special Ops type stuff..sure, but we are not AFSOC or Special Operations.

Every J and CCT dude I know, and I know a lot, remembers their class number like it was their kids birthday. They also know EVERY instructor they had...EVERYONE OF THEM...most are now good friends as it is a very tight community.

You mentioned McGuire AFB. Is that where the 6th SOS is? No..its in Florida and does not have CCT or PJ's to the best of my knowledge.

Here is what I think you did. You are/were/might have been a USAF Cop who wanted more out of the gig. Maybe you were Raven...maybe not. I would be willing to bet my pension (however small it will be) that you were NEVER a PJ, NEVER a CCT..and I am starting to think, not only not a Cop in USAF but maybe not even in the USAF.

I am not buying it. Sorry dude if that sounds dickish. I work with some great USAF Special Operations folks and there are plenty out there claiming they were J's or CCT's, or TACP...whatever and it tarnishes the hard ass work these dudes go through to wear the crest. I will not allow some wannabe to ride on their shoulders.

Your profile also says your service description is "Air Force Special Forces Command" No such thing..... Google it. How about Air Force Special Operations Command. (AFSOC)

You get one shot at coming clean here, after that, I start making phone calls. PM me your name and I will do some checking, if you checkout, I will come on here and personally vouch for your claims of being a PJ, CCT, Security Forces, and Raven.

So what's it gonna be...you gonna fess up?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #33
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Ok...here is the deal dude.

Your story has more holes in it than all the targets on BMGR. Some of those holes I put there.

I am an AG on Pave Hawks (I can prove that if need be). I have been asked if were are AFSOC, Special operations...and we are NOT. I do not claim we are. We were at one time...but no longer. Do we do Special Ops type stuff..sure, but we are not AFSOC or Special Operations.

Every J and CCT dude I know, and I know a lot, remembers their class number like it was their kids birthday. They also know EVERY instructor they had...EVERYONE OF THEM...most are now good friends as it is a very tight community.

You mentioned McGuire AFB. Is that where the 6th SOS is? No..its in Florida and does not have CCT or PJ's to the best of my knowledge.

Here is what I think you did. You are/were/might have been a USAF Cop who wanted more out of the gig. Maybe you were Raven...maybe not. I would be willing to bet my pension (however small it will be) that you were NEVER a PJ, NEVER a CCT..and I am starting to think, not only not a Cop in USAF but maybe not even in the USAF.

I am not buying it. Sorry dude if that sounds dickish. I work with some great USAF Special Operations folks and there are plenty out there claiming they were J's or CCT's, or TACP...whatever and it tarnishes the hard ass work these dudes go through to wear the crest. I will not allow some wannabe to ride on their shoulders.

Your profile also says your service description is "Air Force Special Forces Command" No such thing..... Google it. How about Air Force Special Operations Command. (AFSOC)

You get one shot at coming clean here, after that, I start making phone calls. PM me your name and I will do some checking, if you checkout, I will come on here and personally vouch for your claims of being a PJ, CCT, Security Forces, and Raven.

So what's it gonna be...you gonna fess up?
daaaaaaaaayyyyymmm SUN!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #34
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
someone get called out?

in that case, i am a seal. with team 6.

Shit dude..I was Spetsnaz before going Mossad..got bored there so went SAS....did not like the food and lack of dental care and went to Salvation Army Special Operations. (We would kill people who did not drop money in the tin during Christmas). Got tired of whacking old ladies and kids so went Clandestine Operations Detachment, Boy Scouts of America. I can build a wicked fire that is invisible to the naked eye. Scouts Honor!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #35
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Shit dude..I was Spetsnaz before going Mossad..got bored there so went SAS....did not like the food and lack of dental care and went to Salvation Army Special Operations. (We would kill people who did not drop money in the tin during Christmas). Got tired of whacking old ladies and kids so went Clandestine Operations Detachment, Boy Scouts of America. I can build a wicked fire that is invisible to the naked eye. Scouts Honor!
that is the most fucking awesome story ever.

+1 rep
Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #36
Air Force:
This whole thing reminds of the movie Trading Places with Eddie Murphy. I wish I could find a clip from the movie...

We've had complaints about con men
pretending to be blind and crippled.

I ain't seen nothing since
I stepped on that landmine in Vietnam.

It was very painful.

You were in 'Nam? So were we. Where?

I was in...Sang Bang...

Dang Gong...

I was all over the place, a lot of places.

What unit?

I was with the Green Berets,
Special Unit Battalions...

Commando Airborne Tactics...
Specialist Tactics Unit Battalion.

Yeah, it was real hush hush.

I was Agent Orange,
Special Agent Orange, that was me.

Airborne, huh?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #37
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is getting more and more interesting!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #38
Air Force:
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #39
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
lol at the trading places reference.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #40
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I hope this kid either fess's up, or is who and what he says he is. All of us in the military served hard, worked hard, went thru the damn hoops and earned where we are. If you didn't, don't claim it.

As for the OP's question, if you wanna be a cop in the AF, USMC, or civilian world, then do it! I can say in the civilian world, college looks good on your application and resume. Any prior experience looks good too, but usually in most cases, military certs don't transfer over to the civilian sector so either way you'll have to get certified to be a police officer in whatever state you wanna work. Also, it doesn't matter whether you're a military cop or not, military service looks good on any resume for any employer.