Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military police??

Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
bgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: gunna
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
Military police??

Ive started to do some research on the military and i have noticed alot of good things that could come from it. I also know that i do not want to go back to a community college.. College doesnt seem like my first priority at the molment so thats why im considering the military. I picked the MPS because i would like to come back to the states with some prior police training under my belt to become hire-able or more to intrest to an imployer. Ive talked to many recruitors and marines seems like the 1 for me.

Hopefully some one who was in the marines recently or the MPS can chime in and give there .2 $

Thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't you in the Air Force or did you already serve?

It isn't cool to display their service emblem if you aren't or haven't.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed. Not trying to be a prick, but if you're not/weren't in you should take them emblem down.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGuy711 View Post
Agreed. Not trying to be a prick, but if you're not/weren't in you should take them emblem down.
x2
Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
I wear an ACU had with the Black Knights "A" on it, but I'm not in the Army. I use it as motivation for my Warrant package.

As far as the emblem, display it if you're proud of it. The rest of you shouldn't have a sports team emblem etc if you're not on the team. Just as stupid of a comment.

To the OP. I strongly recommend you don't choose an MP/Security Forces job. PM me if you've got other questions on it.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
aoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: Air Force Special Operations Command/ Air Force Space Command/ 5th Air Force
Name: Drew
aoehrle11's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you asking about the military when you have an Air Force badge??? If you didn't serve, take it down! I did serve in the Air Force and was in Security Forces, than crossed over to the Raven Spec Ops. squad and we just lost some brothers this week. Show some respect.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoehrle11 View Post
Why are you asking about the military when you have an Air Force badge??? If you didn't serve, take it down! I did serve in the Air Force and was in Security Forces, than crossed over to the Raven Spec Ops. squad and we just lost some brothers this week. Show some respect.

hate to hear you lost some of your brothers.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #8
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
As far as the emblem, display it if you're proud of it. The rest of you shouldn't have a sports team emblem etc if you're not on the team. Just as stupid of a comment.

X2........ It is okay to be proud of a certain branch without having served in it. I have AF tshirts I got from friends in the AF. Should I not wear them because I wasn't in the AF?

If he is representing through typed or spoken words that he was in the AF that is one thing but to put up the emblem is no big deal.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly are "Raven Spec Ops"?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #10
aoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to beholdaoehrle11 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: Air Force Special Operations Command/ Air Force Space Command/ 5th Air Force
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

X2........ It is okay to be proud of a certain branch without having served in it. I have AF tshirts I got from friends in the AF. Should I not wear them because I wasn't in the AF?

If he is representing through typed or spoken words that he was in the AF that is one thing but to put up the emblem is no big deal.

In my eyes.....no. It's just my opinion, but when you wear those and people see you, they think you served. You didn't earn that right or that respect.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #11
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In my eyes.....no. It's just my opinion, but when you wear those and people see you, they think you served. You didn't earn that right or that respect.

x2
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post

The Raven squadron in D.C. We are a mix of PJ and Combat Control
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #13
Quote:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforce/l/blraven.htm
Old 03-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thought it was something other than what I thought...but its no, its exactly what I thought it was.

I have flown with Ravens, and with all due respect, you are NOT Spec Op's...not even close. From my experience, they are cops in flight suits who guarded the airplane while we were in "bad" places. They also spent the night on it if no local security was available. You get this in a two week course at Ft. Dix.

Even IF you have a mix of PJ's and CCT, that does not make a Raven Special Operations. In nearly 20 years of flying on military aircraft and having worked with both PJ's and CCT (among others), I have NEVER heard of what you are talking about...PJ's, CCT, and Security Forces in some Spec Ops squadron together.

Pass along the squadron info and I will do some checking, if I am wrong, I will come back and admit it. Show me the errors in my ways.

Quote:
Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Raven squadron in D.C. We are a mix of PJ and Combat Control
so you guys are EMT, Paramedic, HALO, SERE, DIVE, AIRBORNE ATC certified??? cause PJ's and CCT's are.

no, Ravens are not spec ops. sorry... still security forces, just have a more broad mission. providing security for airlift operations and being air crew members doesn't mean special tactics
Old 03-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Quote:
Thought it was something other than what I thought...but its no, its exactly what I thought it was.

I have flown with Ravens, and with all due respect, you are NOT Spec Op's...not even close. From my experience, they are cops in flight suits who guarded the airplane while we were in "bad" places. They also spent the night on it if no local security was available. You get this in a two week course at Ft. Dix.

Even IF you have a mix of PJ's and CCT, that does not make a Raven Special Operations. In nearly 20 years of flying on military aircraft and having worked with both PJ's and CCT (among others), I have NEVER heard of what you are talking about...PJ's, CCT, and Security Forces in some Spec Ops squadron together.

Pass along the squadron info and I will do some checking, if I am wrong, I will come back and admit it. Show me the errors in my ways.

I myself, went through PJ school and cross trained into Combat Control. I was asked to become a Raven by my Squadron Commander. Yiu are correct, aome Raven are just cops in flight suits but there are units that actually DO SOMETHING. I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I was in a Spec Ops unit and my last unit was the Raven so they are who I claim. It's easier then rattling off all of the training and function badges I wore.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #17
Quote:

I was in the 6th SOS
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
so you guys are EMT, Paramedic, HALO, SERE, DIVE, AIRBORNE ATC certified??? cause PJ's and CCT's are.

no, Ravens are not spec ops. sorry... still security forces, just have a more broad mission. providing security for airlift operations and being air crew members doesn't mean special tactics

YES, actually I am EMT, Paramedic, HALO, SERE, DIVE, and Airborn certified. I was also in Sniper school in FT. Benning GA
Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
Gentlemen, this conversation has taken an unnecessary turn. No need to have a forum pissing contest. I did what I did, you did what you did. We are all on the same team and served this country with pride and honor. The main point was if you didn't serve, don't pose as if you did and wear military garb.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YES, actually I am EMT, Paramedic, HALO, SERE, DIVE, and Airborn certified. I was also in Sniper school in FT. Benning GA
really? so you were in Pararescue and cross trained to security forces?

what indoc class were you in? what cadre member was your proctor?