1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i miss war

Discussion in 'Military' started by j83soldier, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 20, 2011 at 1:17 AM
    j83soldier

j83soldier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    yet again thank you for your concern but we will agree to disagree.

2. Feb 20, 2011 at 1:19 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    No worries. Be well.

3. Feb 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    In 17+ years of service, I have NEVER heard of anyone claiming a toll on those that they have killed. I have worked with all the high speed types...ALL OF THEM...and not once, never, have I heard that shit. Sounds like someone claiming they tapped a bunch of chicks when it was really one fat girl who was drunk.

While I understand and appreciate your need for some "excitement", your addiction to it is not healthy. I love the shit out of being in the military..really do. I love the mission (which has ZERO to do with liberating that shit hole, Afghanistan) and love supporting operations but this war could not come to a quicker end as far as I am concerned.

I have also seen hard chargers who crave the excitement and the rush to it do some weapons grade stupid shit that can easily get people killed. You have openly admitted you might end up a ditch on your motorcycle...what would keep you from doing something equally stupid around fellow soldiers..risking their lives? Seems you let adrenalin master you instead of the other way around...not good.

By the way....the adrenaline rush is great...but getting shot at scares the shit out of me (and pisses me off) and if your not scared, your lying. I get a bigger rush out of the way my kids face lights up when she sees me. I will take that any day over the rush of combat....any day.

Get some help bro...really...at least talk to someone. I would hate to have that call come into to come pick you up.....

4. Feb 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    first off dick, dont hint at anything I have done has or ever will endanger my boys. Furthermore dont hint that my judgement is flawed by a self centered need to fullfill an adrenaline fix. Third dont call bs based on your experiances counsling people. Whether or not you dwell on it you will never forget elimating someone. I will not be writing on this thread again. frankly I am sorry I started it. I stated many times that I miss the simplicity of deployed life. I dispise the petty issues that exsist in the states and the hum drub of garrison life. I also stated I like war mainly for the reasons most never know about, the people, the stupid sthit that fills downtime and the over all small unit intent---doing good. I also said I am not a fan of death but in life there is good with bad and it is a fair compromise. I never hinted at loving to shoot people in the face or missing violence. This being said all you arm chair quarter backs have turned this into some sort of ptsd activism thread. GOOD GOD I LOVE AND BELIEVE IN MY JOB. A COMBAT ARMS SOLDIER DOES NOT DO HIS JOB IN GARRSION. Is a firefighter sick in the head cause he likes rushing into a burning building. For all the concern thanks, I am staight. You dont have to understand my lifestyle just dont judge it because I am sure if you had a kid who deployed you would want a NCO next to him who wants to do his job and is not afaid to put himself in danger when the shit got real. I am out

5. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue Pearl SR5
    And now that this has degenerated into name calling, can we please lock this thread? I see no further purpose in continuing to keep this thread open. Let's let it die off. J83soldier, keep your eye pro on and fresh socks in your pack. Semper Fi.

6. Feb 21, 2011 at 2:12 AM
    tacoman007

tacoman007 ignorance is bliss,

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07SR5ACCESSCABDEBAGED4X4
    alpine headunit,12'' rockford fosgate sub,ipod in g-box,drop in K&N, Marine decor,5100's front/rear,uniden pc68xl,radioshack PA speaker
    there is no need to post a thread about wanting to go oversea! you feel the need to talk to somebody call a friend! lots of us have had the chance to do our duty and you dont need to get any sympathy or seem like a bad ass on this site. go to your VA and get help or keep you mouth shut and suck it up. i did my part in Fallujah and i dont need to talk to people about what i need or want to do, or go back to, so neither do you. leave it to us military people!!!! Semper FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top