Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Orders to Andrews AFB MD

Old 02-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
GrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Paratrooper
Name: Andy
GrayTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Orders to Andrews AFB MD

Help us. we got orders to Andrews AFB in MD. What is a good place to stay there. What are my best choices for places to live? Good areas and stay away from this areas will help too in my search. Any help is apreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear you have to go from TX to Andrews.... Two different worlds IMO.

I live in Waldorf, MD about 20 min south of Andrews. I wouldn't live any further north than that. That whole area around Andrews is pretty shitty.

Good places to live:
Waldorf, MD - though crime is slowly rising
La Plata, MD - longer drive, nice though
Alexandria, VA - Cool and nice, but you'll have a drive to deal with + expensive
Greenbelt, MD - Drive + only parts of it are decent
Bowie, MD - Decent place but longer drive to work

Basically, the further south and east you go, the better IMO, but depends on what you like. You are right on the DC border and Southeast DC nonetheless. SE is known for being real high crime. Prince Georges County (aka PG County) is rampant with crime.... PG county is said to have the highest HIV rate than any other county in the US, so wrap your shit up.

MD vs. VA
-MD has strict gun laws, VA being more open
-Live in VA and you pay personal property tax on all your vehicles

Other reminders:
-Always lock your vehicle and doors up in that area, it's pretty hood.
-Again, Wrap it up

Let me know if you have any questions, more than happy to help.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
兔年快乐! 慢慢走!
trot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud oftrot has much to be proud of

trot's Tacoma Gallery
i would live in military housing if possible while serving the the DC area.

it's an awesome place. lots to do.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
GrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrayTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Paratrooper
Name: Andy
GrayTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No, I got out in 03' The wife is in the Air Force.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTacoma View Post
No, I got out in 03' The wife is in the Air Force.

Solid copy. I just served with III Corp here in Baghdad and thought you might have been here.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to maryland my friend the land of ain't shit gonna happen nowhere haha but yeah allvwhat agent said is true
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Bleh!
Speedway Blue is on a distinguished road
Navy: Airplane Doctor
Name: Mark
Speedway Blue's Tacoma Gallery
I was stationed in Andrews 06-08. If i was ever stationed there again, I'd live in North Beach, MD!