Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

anyone heard of Muster duty?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
anyone heard of Muster duty?

I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that I have orders comming up to report to muster duty. I have been on inactive reserve since june 09...
from what Ive heard I just have to go and update any personal info that needs it. but I live 165 miles away from the base they want me to report to and the cut off is 150 miles.

any help at all would be much appreciated
Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Yahoo answers has some info about Muster Duty: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7131708AAaHIeg

Looks like it is just a paperwork drill. Will they let you phone muster?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

not sure, Im gonna call them once I get home and find out. I really dont want to drive 3 hours, site for 4, and drive 3 hours back...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
It's primary purpose is to try and get you to come out of the IRR and into a TPU as a drilling reservist. You will update some paperwork and you will talk with a Career Counselor who is on numbers to pull Soldiers from the IRR.

Edit: I just saw you were Air Force. The above is what the Army does. I have no idea about the Air Force.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Rivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant future

Air Force: Contracting
Rivet Joint's Tacoma Gallery
weird that they wont do this at Sheppard Kevin.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint View Post
yea no kidding! What I heard was that dyess is the closest base for my career field

I just emailed them and told them im out of the 150 mile radius so hopefully I wont have to go
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint View Post
Who is Sheppard Kevin?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it is Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX
Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Proud to be Awesome

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, punctuation strikes again!

It should have been "Sheppard, Kevin."
Old 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
Sant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: SSGT
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
I believe it is Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX
ya im here now, being that you are so far there should be a phone option of paperwork you can fax since you are IRR
Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Rivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant future

Air Force: Contracting
Rivet Joint's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiget View Post
Ahh, punctuation strikes again!

It should have been "Sheppard, Kevin."

lol...yeeeeahhh.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:59 AM   #12

thanks everyone. I Emailed them and got a reply saying since that i'm 160 miles away I wont have to go.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
I skipped two of mine They just called me a week later asking why I wasn't there. I told them I was busy.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #14

are you on active duty? i just said I was outside the 150 mile radius and didnt have to go
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #15
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
are you on active duty? i just said I was outside the 150 mile radius and didnt have to go
No IRR.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #16

Im not sure what IRR is?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #17
Proud to be Awesome

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
IRR = Inactive Ready Reserve.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
yea no kidding! What I heard was that dyess is the closest base for my career field

I just emailed them and told them im out of the 150 mile radius so hopefully I wont have to go
Eff dyess....i was stuck there for my active duty career...sucks bawls. That is all.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #19

yea, Ive heard dyess is pretty terrible
Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #20
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
I got plenty of the letters about missing my musters. Generally someone would call a few weeks after the fact and we would go over my basic info. No driving, no waiting, no sales pitch about how I need to get back in to make my life better again.