Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Been doing a little thinkin'

Old 02-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Been doing a little thinkin'

So I have been thinking of maybe joining the military for some time now when I graduate college. My major is Wildlife Management and I was wondering if there is any type of field for that stuff in the military and if so how is it?

Also thanks for serving guy/gals!!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
So I have been thinking of maybe joining the military for some time now when I graduate college. My major is Wildlife Management and I was wondering if there is any type of field for that stuff in the military and if so how is it?

Also thanks for serving guy/gals!!
I can't think of a more honorable pursuit; if you choose that path.

Good luck with your decision...
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
You should really look into becoming a state conservation police officer(game warden). They get military type training and are in the woods or on the water daily.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i've been throwing around the idea of the military too. cant really decide though.
good luck man
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
http://usmilitary.about.com/

I can't think of a job like that off the top of my head, but this site has a ton of info on the military. It's got officer and enlisted jobs for all of the branches and the qualifications for each. Maybe there's a way to search for your major somehow and see if anything pops up.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
WARNING WARNING.
usmilitary.about.com is full of information that is decades to months old, but almost always out of date, in a way that matters greatly. Telling you you can't when you can, telling you you can when you can't.

When I joined the military It was because I pulled my head out of my ass long enough to see that I needed to do something drastic to turn my life around. If that's not you, I would make sure you've exhausted all your other options. Then I kind of got stuck. Its easy when you don't have to produce anything and can't be fired, to just let the years pass. Then you're more than half way to retirement yadda yadda.

With that major (assuming its a BS) good luck getting commissioned. Not likely in the air force. Then when you're done, your degree is older. Try to find work, then settle on the military. Think about it as an "honorable" way to be on the government dole.