Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Help me get GS-7

Old 02-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Help me get GS-7

Hey I just went into negotiations with Department of Navy police. Long story short they offered GS-5 but I'm shooting for GS-7. I have to send HR an email to explain why I warrant GS-7. Can any of you LE types help me out with proof reading my message? here is what I got so far:

Hello,
Thank you very much for the tentative job offer. I really appreciate the opportunity and I am excited to begin working for the Department of the Navy. I do however feel that I deserve to come in as a GS-7 Step 1. My background and performance warrants this pay grade.

I am ready made for the position and will require very little training to get up to speed. I have over 6 years of experience in law enforcement, as well as facility security. I also have extensive experience in leading and training law enforcement members. I was also a small boat crew man and have a very extensive background in small boat operations. I will be able to get qualified as a coxswain easily.

My previous performance as a law enforcement officer shows that I will earn my paycheck. I have been awarded a Commendation Medal and an Achievement Medal for Outstanding, superior performance. I am perfect for this position and if needed I can forward glowing recommendations from my last command.

Thank you in advance,
Me
Old 02-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
"That's what she said..."
Hondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really nice

Air Force: Currently ROTC, future fighter pilot.
Name: Justin
Hondarider08's Tacoma Gallery
It looks good man. I'm not an officer (yet) but I do have pretty extensive literacy and english experience. Good luck with your promotion.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
I read it and I think it looks good man. Congrats on the job offer and good luck with the new gig.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. It's still a pay cut from the military, but it will get my foot in the door for other federal jobs down the road. I'll probably take GS-5 if they don't offer GS-7. I'll just have to live on ramen and mac-n-cheese.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
can you survive on gs5 in orange county?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
usnwarrior1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: MA1 (EXW)
Name: Ben
usnwarrior1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good but being a MA that worked in the region. I know that they rarely bring in anyone at GS7 unless you are retired military with experience or have been in the L.E. field more than 8-10 years. Good luck I wish you the best. What base are you trying to get? Just remember that the economy is really against you right now. Jobs are not really giving top dollar like they were a couple years back. Plus DOD is cutting back on their budget in all areas.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #10
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so unfair. They hire douche bags at gs12 with no experience or college around me. They do nothing for 30 -40 years and retire as ses-2.

Ridiculous. Meanwhile, people that arguably, (i say arguably because look who you're protecting) work get dick.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Sant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shedSant0s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: SSGT
Sant0s's Tacoma Gallery
whats your rank? that also plays a factor as they asy us E5's are gs-5/7 type
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.

thats bs... theres no comparison... im sick of hearing some non supervising civ 15 saying colonel equivalent. there is no comparison... just pay wise and gs5 is probably well below e5 in pay and benefits. what would your les say in socal at e5? 50k a year plus benefits and only about half to 1/3 of it taxed? So roughly the same as making 65-75k as a civilian. Gs7 in socal probably doesn't make more than 50 plus having to pay for benefits and copays. Must be low demand High supply and the governments actually trying to save money. I know 1 term MA/MP/SF are a dime a dozen but you can't actually pay them in dimes. Not when you're throwing gold to the swine they're waving through the gate
Old 03-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
thats bs... theres no comparison... im sick of hearing some non supervising civ 15 saying colonel equivalent. there is no comparison... just pay wise and gs5 is probably well below e5 in pay and benefits. what would your les say in socal at e5? 50k a year plus benefits and only about half to 1/3 of it taxed? So roughly the same as making 65-75k as a civilian. Gs7 in socal probably doesn't make more than 50 plus having to pay for benefits and copays. Must be low demand High supply and the governments actually trying to save money. I know 1 term MA/MP/SF are a dime a dozen but you can't actually pay them in dimes. Not when you're throwing gold to the swine they're waving through the gate

A lot of 15s are retired Colonels... So... Just sayin'.