Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Sad day in America

Old 03-03-2011, 04:52 AM   #21
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
It is odd that the Westboro Baptist Church had been allowed (by the Supreme Court) to protest outside the funerals of veterans but when someone voices their opinion about islam and terror (Juan Williams) they are lambasted by the media. And it is acceptable. Just something to think about.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #22
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
hopefully these solider that protect are country getting pissed on by its people not right. little like vietnam
ehh...not really...the protests of vietnam were because of the war itself. the protests by the westboro baptist church freaks are due to narcissistic religion/cult and homophobia. they use it to spin everyone up so that they WILL fight back and then get sued. they're all lawyers and are becoming parasites on the country and on the military families.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #23
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
These are the kind of people that deserve to be forcibly deported out of country. They must hate it here right?
We're talking about the Supreme Court, right?

Seriously, rulings like that make no sense to most people...so where the hell is this country going? Just saying...makes me sick!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #25
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
This is what happened when we caught word they were coming to a local funeral.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/hun...#axzz1FdAXFkSv
Old 03-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #26
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
The complete lack of honor shown by our judicial system and those treasonous fucks who would soil these funerals for our fallen heroes that gave their lives in service to our country is so fucking disgusting. I hope to see real Americans start showing up to block the offending asswipe's access to these proceedings and keep them down the road or out of town completely. We need 2 sets of honor guards at these funerals, 1 set for the funeral and a civilian blockade to keep this nonsense away. Stupid asses don't think they might be lucky to escape with their lives pulling shit like this?
Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 AM   #27
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
He called it right, its only a matter of time. There was a vet here in wichita who was arrested for "Stalking" them, I dunno what happened to him though.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 AM   #28
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
Okay yeah they're assholes. Lunatic fringe. What they do is tactless, boorish, offensive and profoundly ANTI-christian in every conceivable way.

But I do believe in protecting freedom of speech. We gotta be careful limiting that one.

However it would serve Westboro well to understand that just because they are FREE to speak and FREE to express, not one of us is free from the consequences of our actions. Cause and effect. As in you "cause" the wrong guy distress, he's bound to "effect" your face.
The case wasn't to limit their freedom of speech, but to hold them accountable for the manner they exercised their freedom of speech; read "consequences of their actions." Which a civil court held them accountable to the tune of $11 million, then down to $5 million, and then our wonderful liberal supreme court lets them off the hook completely.

Gotta throw the BS flag on that one. When our government won't enforce respect for our fallen warriors and their families...there's a problem.

And I served 26 years defending and earning my right to say that...and yours to disagree for that matter.

Just had to say what was on my mind.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #29
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
You can hate the "Church" all you want, and I hate them too. God has a punishment for all of them.

Regardless, It is not the place of the government to censor nonviolent, organized protest. Sure, we'd all be happy if they ruled that westboro wasn't allowed to protest but this sets a dangerous precedent years down the road when you need to peacefully organize about something and a government official deems YOU offensive
Old 03-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #30
beans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Will
beans20's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah ive been in the Army for 3 yrs now and we did a big op and my friend got shot on Nov 14 2010 in Kunar Province, Afghan and they went there and protested at his funeral and i was stuck here and couldn't do shit about these people are idiots they walk around with Amarican Flags around there feet draggin it across the ground there fucked up for it to but its ok cause thell get there time and ill be happy when there dead!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM   #32
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

do yall not understand that retribution is what they are looking and hoping for??? they cant sue people for assault, vandalism, etc if no one does anything. the anti-protests the biker groups, vet groups, and other military groups do are a good thing to show support for the military and families. even to that point, the anti-protests are furthering their publicity and their inbred, brainwashed, cultish views to other people.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #33
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I say we do nothing they can sue for and everything we can do to block their access to getting near the funeral/families and broadcast nothing about it and make it an "underground" type thing where no one admits knowledge of any said blockage. There were just so many appreciative patriotic citizens in attendance that the shit for brains fucks couldn't get there.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM   #34
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
do yall not understand that retribution is what they are looking and hoping for??? they cant sue people for assault, vandalism, etc if no one does anything. the anti-protests the biker groups, vet groups, and other military groups do are a good thing to show support for the military and families. even to that point, the anti-protests are furthering their publicity and their inbred, brainwashed, cultish views to other people.
I get that...and I don't want any group to assault them or even engage in anti-protests.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me their methods of exercising their freedom of speech are a form of verbal assault on the private families of fallen warriors. The families, as private citizens, should not be harrassed at the funerals of their loved ones. If they are, then I believe they have a right to take the matter to civil court.

When the civil court rules in favor of the families, the Supreme Court is out of line in overturning that decision, enabling and practically encouraging the despicable actions of these lunatics. Sorry , I should probably let it go, but it really makes me mad.

Fricken' lawyers ... guess our system is so screwed up that legal no longer means right or just.

Don't get me completely wrong...I still don't know of a better system or form of government than ours, but there are definitely some problems.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #35
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
This group does a pretty good job here in Utah, not sure if other similar groups are around, but if your planning a funeral (and I hope your aren't!) please give them a call.

http://www.patriotguard.org/
Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Fricken' lawyers ... guess our system is so screwed up that legal no longer means right or just.

Don't get me completely wrong...I still don't know of a better system or form of government than ours, but there are definitely some problems.
not gonna argue with that...
Old 03-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #37
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
To quote Albert Snyder, the father of the fallen Marine, who took them to court, "When the government won't do anything about it, and the courts give us no remedy, then people are going to start taking matters into their own hands. And believe me someone is going to get hurt," Snyder told CBS News anchor Katie Couric. "And when the blood starts flowing, let it be on the Supreme Court Justices' hands."

Once again our Federal Legal System is taking a leftist position...people will only tolerate so much. This situation has the potential to get very ugly.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #38
SaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud ofSaraLynn44 has much to be proud of

Name: Sara Lynn
SaraLynn44's Tacoma Gallery
These people disgust me.. We should go protest and their damn funeral and see how they freakin like it..
Old 03-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #39
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
To quote Albert Snyder, the father of the fallen Marine, who took them to court, "When the government won't do anything about it, and the courts give us no remedy, then people are going to start taking matters into their own hands. And believe me someone is going to get hurt," Snyder told CBS News anchor Katie Couric. "And when the blood starts flowing, let it be on the Supreme Court Justices' hands."

Once again our Federal Legal System is taking a leftist position...people will only tolerate so much. This situation has the potential to get very ugly.
hell, i'm leftist, but i still think it's fugged up. a funeral is a funeral....not a place for a rally or protest, pro or anti. they came around here last year and went to a bunch of schools and shit. the state/local governments should deny their applications for protest.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #40
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
hell, i'm leftist, but i still think it's fugged up. a funeral is a funeral....not a place for a rally or protest, pro or anti. they came around here last year and went to a bunch of schools and shit. the state/local governments should deny their applications for protest.
Problem is they'd just appeal up to the Federal Level and there we go again.

Won't hold being leftist against you...used to think I was conservative, Glenn Beck has convinced me I don't want to call myself that.

Over the years I've come to believe I'm more independent/moderate. To me the answer is a blend somewhere in the middle; conservative/right on some issues and liberal/left on some issues. Too bad all the big money lines up behind one extreme or the other. This stuff gives me a headache after a while...can't seem to see the right answer...and it gets frustrating.

Take Care, Rob