LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Sad day in America

Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #41
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
What's retarded is that the families are not making policy that these fucks are protesting. Why are they not in DC crawling up the head klown's ass?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #42
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
My friend who committed suicide after coming home from Iraq had a funeral where we thought this was going to happen. A local chapter of Harley riders came by and stood outside the church and blocked the protesters. I am so glad people like that care and came to protect the funeral from stupid people that protest.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #43
JTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of lightJTO is a glorious beacon of light

JTO's Tacoma Gallery
It's not just that they are protesting that's the problem, it's the signs that are so unbelievably hateful.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20..._protestor.jpg
Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #44
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Problem is they'd just appeal up to the Federal Level and there we go again.

Won't hold being leftist against you...used to think I was conservative, Glenn Beck has convinced me I don't want to call myself that.

Over the years I've come to believe I'm more independent/moderate. To me the answer is a blend somewhere in the middle; conservative/right on some issues and liberal/left on some issues. Too bad all the big money lines up behind one extreme or the other. This stuff gives me a headache after a while...can't seem to see the right answer...and it gets frustrating.

Take Care, Rob
i lean to each side of the fence too, depending on the issue....ie this, guns, etc. i'm more on the "right" side.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #45
beans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Will
beans20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanamoe View Post
As a marine who just finished up a 4 year contract; personally, Id burn their fuckin church down and burn into their lawn "this is for our military"
x2
Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #46
dfenter84 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dfenter84's Tacoma Gallery
What makes me sick is the image that one "church" is setting for other churches. I am religious, I love God, I also love my country and I served for my country. If religions would read the entire bible instead of just picking and choosing what they read maybe they would see that (IMHO) there is nothing wrong with war. God himself started and finished many wars. It pisses me off that a church would make religion look so hatefull to the public! I'm not trying to preach to anyone, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents here. Not all of Gods people are against war and fighting. Thank you to all that serve this country and keep it free!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #47
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
hopefully these solider that protect are country getting pissed on by its people not right. little like vietnam
I was thinking would they go for antifreez in the mountain dew bottle???????
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #48
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Many facets of this whole thing bother me-

1. That a "church" would ignore so much of the Bible to further their agenda.

2. That this same church would choose to infringe on grieving parents rights to exercise their own.

3. That their reason for protesting isn't even about the "right" or "wrong" about war, but as a fringe element of a crusade against homosexuality.

4. That our Supreme Court would side with them against those who fight and die for this country. I can understand supporting the first amendment. They even likened it to having to side with Hustler against Jerry Falwell. But I too know wrong when I see it, and this is WRONG!

5. Doing all this in the name of God is 5X WRONG, and an embarassment to what Jesus was sacrificed for. They'll get theirs, but not soon enough.

Saw where one of the families sued, lost, and had to pay the costs, on top of losing their loved one. 100X WRONG!

Where is this country heading? Down the tubes. We've lost sight of what is important, in favor of every single petty persons' rights. It's no longer about what's good for the majority, only what every minority thinks everyone else ought to give to them.

Will stop before I'm way over the top, but I am sick of it all.

Chris
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #49
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'm tired of hearing about these fuck heads. Makes me sick every time I hear about it. How can you protest the funerals for the very soldiers who give them the freedom to be able to spew their bullshit all over the place.

And if that's not already bad enough, they're also planning to protest the funeral of 7 children who died in central Pennsylvania in a house fire. They're claiming their deaths are a result of God's wrath for Pennsylvania.

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-westb...,5116994.story
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
I would take matters into my own hands if people were protesting at the funeral of my son.
x (pick your number)

POS's. All of them.

May they rot in Hell...
Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #51
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I ride with a veteran's group and we have unfortunately had the opportunity to attend funerals for deceased military members. The WBC assbags planned to protest this. The city fathers granted their permit for a protest. Their approved area was 3 miles from the funeral route, in an empty lot between the VFW and American Legion posts.
Absolutely brilliant! They didn't show up.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #52
ThunderTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: CWO
Name: Ryan
ThunderTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They did the same tactic in San Diego awhile back. The nut-jobs wanted to protest a high-profile funeral for a SEAL. Local authorities respected their right to protest.....so far from the site of the funeral that know one would ever know they were there.

BTW- a few people have gone to jail for committing violent acts against these protesters. I can recall one guy (in OK if I remember right) that threw pepper spray into their protest.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #53
DumpTruckTacoma is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
DumpTruckTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Its people like these that prompt me to encourage people to join the Patriot Guard. Regardless of these people's beliefs, its about the respect for the fallen. No family should have to mourn their loss with these people posting the signs they do around such a solemn ceremony.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #54
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I am not in the military , so I apologize if posting here is bad form , but one thing I have never quite understood about WBC is what exactly are they protesting ?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #55
ThunderTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: CWO
Name: Ryan
ThunderTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They are protesting against gay rights in a very roundabout way that is more about getting attention than anything.

BTW- everyone is welcome here. There is no bad form. The forum is for military related threads, but is by no means military personnel only.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #56
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I am not in the military , so I apologize if posting here is bad form , but one thing I have never quite understood about WBC is what exactly are they protesting ?

They believe that God is judging America for it's tolerance on many social and cultural themes.

I personally think they weren't hugged enough as children.

godhatesfags.com is their website if you care to look at it. I personally have not seen it, and don't care to.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #57
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
I ride with a veteran's group and we have unfortunately had the opportunity to attend funerals for deceased military members. The WBC assbags planned to protest this. The city fathers granted their permit for a protest. Their approved area was 3 miles from the funeral route, in an empty lot between the VFW and American Legion posts.
Absolutely brilliant! They didn't show up.
The Stig is right, these people should be approved for protest, but far away from the funeral...far far away.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #58
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
They are protesting against gay rights in a very roundabout way that is more about getting attention than anything.

BTW- everyone is welcome here. There is no bad form. The forum is for military related threads, but is by no means military personnel only.
Thank you
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #59

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
They believe that God is judging America for it's tolerance on many social and cultural themes.

I personally think they weren't hugged enough as children.

godhatesfags.com is their website if you care to look at it. I personally have not seen it, and don't care to.
Thank you
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #60
DumpTruckTacoma is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
DumpTruckTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They picket the military because we get the most attention for funerals. They believe that America has lost its values by believing homosexuality is OK and each death caused to an American is Gods righteous hand coming to strike us down for our ways. They don't just picket military, but any high profile death that will get them shock value attention from the news. They wanted to picket the death of the 9yo born on 9/11 that was killed in Arizona.

IMO the news should blacklist them... thats the only reason they do this. The public shock value they receive from the news is what keeps them going. I doubt they'd have much cause to do anything if they knew their picketing was for nothing since it would never get posted publicly....