Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Pararescue

Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
I like turtles!!!
The Munster will become famous soon enoughThe Munster will become famous soon enough

Air Force: A1C 822BDS
Name: Lance
The Munster's Tacoma Gallery
Pararescue

well i finally did it, i got sworn in the USAF today signed up for 6 years. I'm probably looking at Security Forces for right now until i get through basic, then hopefully i can start Pararescue training. I'm meeting with one of the instructors tomorrow to lay out what i'll need to work on to make it through Pararescue training.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Security Forces, 12 years strong so far. Good Luck with PJ, I hope you can swim like a fish and run 10 miles after it. Its pretty intense stuff! If you have any Q's about SF, gimme a PM!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
congrats and good luck
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, I have a buddy leaving in July for pararescue in San Antonio
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I hope you make it!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Munster View Post
well i finally did it, i got sworn in the USAF today signed up for 6 years. I'm probably looking at Security Forces for right now until i get through basic, then hopefully i can start Pararescue training. I'm meeting with one of the instructors tomorrow to lay out what i'll need to work on to make it through Pararescue training.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Personally, if I were even remotely interested in being a PJ, I would go into some medical AFSC where you can learn more about plugging holes in people. Aeromed..or something like that...something where you get to work on people that have booboo's. Being an AF cop will not really prepare you for what J's do...and you might get stuck in it. Maybe the shooting but J's are not gunbunnies...they are combat medics who shoot sometimes...rarely. You can go buy an M-4 and M-9, get some training and you will be more prepared for what the J's do with guns.

Again, get some blood on you, and you will prepped for the lengthy medical training these guys get. Get the physical part done on your own and give it a shot.