Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

So I was reading

Old 03-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
So I was reading

I was reading the Constitution today and the First Amendment says:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now it says they can't prohibit the right of people to peaceably assemble. What the Westboro Church is doing is not allowing military families to bury their fallen in peace, so how can what they're doing be legal? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something?
Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
First, I think the Westboro Church members are SCUM. Had to get that out of the way.

The word "peaceably" is the key here. The fact they are vocal and obnoxious may not cross over the legal definition of peaceable.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

But I totally disagree with it from a moral standpoint...
Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTGuy711 View Post
I was reading the Constitution today and the First Amendment says:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now it says they can't prohibit the right of people to peaceably assemble. What the Westboro Church is doing is not allowing military families to bury their fallen in peace, so how can what they're doing be legal? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something?
The Constitution only limits the GOVERNMENT and it limits the government equally. So in this case- despite the morally and socially repugnant ideology they stand for....The gov't can not restrict them from doing what they do.

And the actions the WBC takes are a VERY closely watched and scripted plan. They walk VERY close to the edge of legality in order to tempt/taunt someone else doing something illegal and then they sue. Most of the family that makes up that "chruch" are lawyers...Just shows you what they really have in mind.

They are douche bags of the highest degree IMHO...
Old 03-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
The Constitution only limits the GOVERNMENT and it limits the government equally. So in this case- despite the morally and socially repugnant ideology they stand for....The gov't can not restrict them from doing what they do.

And the actions the WBC takes are a VERY closely watched and scripted plan. They walk VERY close to the edge of legality in order to tempt/taunt someone else doing something illegal and then they sue. Most of the family that makes up that "chruch" are lawyers...Just shows you what they really have in mind.

They are douche bags of the highest degree IMHO...
Watch out, they might sue you for libel!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Man I just wish somebody would find SOMETHING that makes what they do illegal. Anything.