Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Please help all officers and elisted service members

Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #21
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
x3 on the getting commissioned, just don't be some turd officer. Be with your guys and work with them so you understand their plights. Best O's I had were the ones that could throw down with us whether at work or play and I had more respect for them. Do anything for those guys
Yea I dont want to be one of those guys that is looked at as a damn joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondarider08 View Post
Keep it going with school. I got into the same position after a year of college. But then I decided to transfer to a school with the AFROTC program.

Best choice I ever made. Not only can you continue your education, but you can also get involved in the military and start training for being an officer. It's the best of both worlds.

And as said above, get involved with your job. Don't be the standoff guy that nobody likes. Enjoy your college life, have some fun, and then prepare for an amazing career.

PM me if you have any questions.
Thank you I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Ty-how much college do you have completed, and what is your major?
almost done with my associates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanamoe View Post
i love stirring shit up...........in all honesty serving your country in any way is more then 90% of all American will ever do so whichever branch you decide to join good luck! any branch is going to have pros and cons but your still going to be serving the greatest nation on earth. best of luck bro
SO TRUE ! Thank you bud!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im currently in AFROTC. Its the shit! It has its up and downs. If you really want to join the AF after college YOU MUST join ROTC!!!! Trust me! OTS is super super super competitive and to get in you have to pretty much have a degree in engineering. The AF only wants engineers. ROTC is really fun and will help you out alot. Just make sure you talk to your local AF detachment soon because if you wait till your a soph or junior it will only make it harder. PM me if you have any questions. I will be a great wingman. Just read up alot on the AF website on how ROTC works. But I know exactly how U feel about college. I feel that way everyday. Sometimes I just wish I was here in Lackland doing my Basics and getting ready to do badass stuff... but instead im in my math class being bored as hell. Enlisting is not bad at all... Officers just get more responsibilites and get diff jobs. pm me and I can answer all your questions.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #23
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man I will do that! Ive had some people PM me already! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Another quick question for you guys is there something besides engineering I should be looking int majoring in??

Im currently majoring in business/computer science !

Im sure they dont look at Business majors a lot and I dont want to be behind a desk filling out gay ass files and crap!

Thanks in advance

Ty

BTW REPS BEING SENT TO EVERYONE AFTER THIS THREAD IS OVER AND I MAKE A DECSION!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #24
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyT View Post
Thanks man I will do that! Ive had some people PM me already! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Another quick question for you guys is there something besides engineering I should be looking int majoring in??

Im sure they dont look at Business majors a lot and I dont want to be behind a desk filling out gay ass files and crap!

Thanks in advance

Ty

Logistics.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #25
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyT View Post

Thanks in advance

Ty

oh you'll get your share of paperwork as an O
Old 03-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #26
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Ty,
Only certain AF jobs require you to have a degree that matches it. They are specific like engineering, nursing, lawyers, chaplains and doctors. Other than that you just need a 4 year degree. Guys with History majors can be pilots or Security Forces. However, if you did get an engineering degree it would definitely help you out. But right now the cyberwar is pretty high vis. Your degree in computer science might help you get your foot in that door.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #27

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^I know I will thats just not ALL I want to be doing
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #28
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
cyberwar is pretty badass. Buss or information systems degree will help you out with that. Just keep in mind that field trainning is getting more and more competitive. The AF is cutting back really really hard on numbers. They have a freeze on scholarships and its all going to crap. becoming an AF officer will become really hard in the years to come. If U really really want to do it I sugg u go talk to an AFROTC recuiter asap.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #29
"That's what she said..."
Hondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really nice

Air Force: Currently ROTC, future fighter pilot.
Name: Justin
Hondarider08's Tacoma Gallery
As far as majors, it's kind of whatever you want. I know for the coming year they are going to be heavily favoring technical degrees (i.e. engineering, maintenance, etc) and foreign languages. Computer science is always going to be a demand, especially with the way technology is anymore. Regardless, the degree doesnt matter as much, but it does get favored. I know some pilots that have a Bachelors in General Education. Get a degree that you enjoy, and then work hard in the ROTC program to make sure you get the slot that you want.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #30
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Stay in school your only going to be a 20 yo one time. So what is it going to be the rest of your life, hay you or sir. Think about USN or USCG rotc. Dont drop the ball now you will spend the rest of your life kicking yourself in the ass. Keep us posted,Every man on this thread wants to know what you are going to do. Jim
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 AM   #31
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Go ahead and finish up school and join as an officer. Enjoy your time at college and party it up while you can! Even if they won't accept you as an officer after finishing, enlisting would still be an option, though you won't make near the money an officer does.

Quote:
join the airforce if thats what you want. be an officer if thats what you think you want. or grow a fuckin pair and join the marines and actually serve your country. USMC
You, are a complete toolbag.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #32
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
join the airforce if thats what you want. be an officer if thats what you think you want. or grow a fuckin pair and join the marines and actually serve your country. USMC
USMC is 2nt best part of the USN, Next time you need air cover, ammo,food,help if your down. Where will it come from. JMHO Jim
Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #33
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

JUST LIKE A MARINE,FUNNY HOW THEY GO TO A ARMY SCHOOL FOR THEIR TANK TRANING AND ARMY SCHOOL FOR DIVING AND PARACHUTE TRAINING. WE DONT NEED MARINES FOR BEACH HEADS ANYMORE SO GUARD ARE EMBASSY AND BOATS....
Old 03-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
The final decision will be up to you. For me, I love being an enlisted guy. Ya, you take alot of shit when your low on the totem pole but it will just make you stronger.
Not sure how it's done in the AF, but I know officers in the Army get stuck doing all sorts of job's outside their specific career field. I enjoy being able to teach, help soldiers grow and lead them in combat. All jobs, officer and enlisted(Mainly Senior NCO's) are gonna spend a lot of time doing paperwork. It's the nature of the beast, you will either love it or hate it. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #35
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
I am an enlisted Marine and about two years ago I was accepted into a commissioning program. I can honestly say that I definately have mixed feelings on leaving the enlisted side because as an officer you will never get to truly build the relationships that I had with my fellow Marines. It's just different, I had some great officers and some that were crap and I was frustrated by shitty officers not looking out for shit-hot enlisted guys so I took it upon myself to apply for this program.

Moral of the story: only you know what is best for you man. There is a ton of opportunity to get school done while serving on the enlisted side and if you are good at what you do you can always make the switch. I started college before enlisting and I wouldn't trade my experience as an enlisted Marine for anything in the world. In my opinion, you gotta follow before you can lead.
Good luck with whatever you decide to, either will change your life for the better!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'm finishing up my degree next month and looking to commission to a slot in my unit. guard is different on how they do commissions and how jobs are determined. i think now AD and guard require a comm. related degree for any comm. officer slot. your current degree plan would fulfill that if you wanted to stay that route. 12 weeks for AD officer training and 6 months for comm. officer specific school.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #37
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
My daughter enlisted in the Nevada Army National Guard, even though she has two degrees from her university. She enlisted instead of going to OCS because she thought it would be better to learn the job before she ran it. She is still enlisted, but is waiting for her commander to get the paperwork done for her to go to OCS. She has been in the guard now for four years. Stay in college and get your degree. If, as some have stated, your university offers ROTC get in. You'll be commissioned as a 1st LT instead of a second, if I'm right.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #38
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
My daughter enlisted in the Nevada Army National Guard, even though she has two degrees from her university. She enlisted instead of going to OCS because she thought it would be better to learn the job before she ran it. She is still enlisted, but is waiting for her commander to get the paperwork done for her to go to OCS. She has been in the guard now for four years. Stay in college and get your degree. If, as some have stated, your university offers ROTC get in. You'll be commissioned as a 1st LT instead of a second, if I'm right.
i think ROTC still come in as 2Lt. i think a lot of medical officers come in as Capt. and maybe Chaplains...but not 100% on the latter.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #39
Don't buy a Ford
bishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
bishtacova's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea, stay in school, you'll have more options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post
Stay in school. See if you can switch to ROTC at your college.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
TO EACH THERE OWN I TURNED DOWN WEST POINT TO ENLIST AND WENT THROUGH SCHOOL AS ENLISTED I WAS OK WITH THAT AND STILL GOT MY DEGREE BUT I WAS ON THE FRONT LINES WERE I WANTED TO BE NOT BEHIND A DESK THE HIGHER YOU GO...