Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Please help all officers and elisted service members

Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Please help all officers and enlisted service members

So I am looking into joining the United States Airforce. I want to join after college, but sometimes I just feel like I just dont belong in college! So what I need is some help figuring out if it is really worth it to just suck it up and stay in college and become an officer or should I go ahead and join?

Just want yalls opinions and help!

Thank you all in advance, and God bless all you service men and women! Hopefully one way or another I will be able to join you American Heroes!

Ty
Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
With all do respect sir, Suck it the fuck up. You'll be better off in an O position. Also, if you're going to join the Chair Farce, you might want to fly their flag. Union Jack is the Navy
Old 03-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Either stay in college or join their academy if you really don't enjoy school.

Certainly don't throw away what schooling you have complete to enlist.

O-gang all the way. Get hot!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
There is always going to be shit you don't want to do. Especially in the military. If you cant even deal with four years of college how are you going to deal with the military?

Finish college, or you will always regret it.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanamoe View Post
join the airforce if thats what you want. be an officer if thats what you think you want. or grow a fuckin pair and join the marines and actually serve your country. USMC
And don't pay attention to the trolls.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
join the airforce if thats what you want. be an officer if thats what you think you want. or grow a fuckin pair and join the marines and actually serve your country. USMC
Way to be a typical Marine idiot.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
I joined as an Airman, Airforce also, regrets all my life for not going as an officer.
The crap talk of join now, than get paid and than become an officer only happens in 2% of the case. Nobody does it.
I got burned, and left Air Force. So, this is you from the future, telling you to suck it up and finish college, and become an Officer! College sucks, but just take a day at the time, an semester at the time, and you WILL make it.
You can thank me 5 ys from now Mr Leautenent.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Stay in school. See if you can switch to ROTC at your college.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WTF is this shit, dont get on a debate to who "serves their country" please!

To the OP,

If you have your heart set on joining regardless, i would finish up the college and go Commissioned. The academy idea is a good one as well.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the tuff insight guys...But damn "SUCK IT UP" ha.. You guys rock! Im just wanting to weigh my options here!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I think if you join Enlisted you will probably kick yourself in the ass later for not just finishing up the school and being an Officer. JMO
Old 03-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
I think if you join Enlisted you will probably kick yourself in the ass later for not just finishing up the school and being an Officer. JMO
Yep, x2.

I'm going to school now, and I have plans on entering the Army National Guard as an officer after I finish my degree.

It's great, I go to University of Phoenix on the 9/11 GI Bill, and the Army National Guard accepts their degrees. hahaha
Old 03-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #14
Future ruler of the world!
Zanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Cpl Ordnance Technician
Name: Curt
Zanamoe's Tacoma Gallery
i love stirring shit up...........in all honesty serving your country in any way is more then 90% of all American will ever do so whichever branch you decide to join good luck! any branch is going to have pros and cons but your still going to be serving the greatest nation on earth. best of luck bro
Old 03-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
x3 on the getting commissioned, just don't be some turd officer. Be with your guys and work with them so you understand their plights. Best O's I had were the ones that could throw down with us whether at work or play and I had more respect for them. Do anything for those guys
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSgt - A.G.E. Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
i would not join the air force as an officer, they are kicking a shit ton of officers out right now because there are too many
Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
"That's what she said..."
Hondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really nice

Air Force: Currently ROTC, future fighter pilot.
Name: Justin
Hondarider08's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it going with school. I got into the same position after a year of college. But then I decided to transfer to a school with the AFROTC program.

Best choice I ever made. Not only can you continue your education, but you can also get involved in the military and start training for being an officer. It's the best of both worlds.

And as said above, get involved with your job. Don't be the standoff guy that nobody likes. Enjoy your college life, have some fun, and then prepare for an amazing career.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
you will make alot more money as an officer. make sure you look into the rotc program and see what it is all about. i do know the air force is getting rid of 10,500 officers this year. the military is cutting down all around.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
XXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ty-how much college do you have completed, and what is your major?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
I joined as an Airman, Airforce also, regrets all my life for not going as an officer.
The crap talk of join now, than get paid and than become an officer only happens in 2% of the case. Nobody does it.
I got burned, and left Air Force. So, this is you from the future, telling you to suck it up and finish college, and become an Officer! College sucks, but just take a day at the time, an semester at the time, and you WILL make it.
You can thank me 5 ys from now Mr Leautenent.
I guess I'm part of that 2%...

You just have to be self-motivated. No one is going to hold your hand and take you to college when you're enlisted. If you're not motivated about college now, you might not be when you're enlisted. If you quit going to college now, and join the AF you might get comfortable and not fulfill your dreams of being an O. -- So make sure that you have the motivation before you make the decision.

You do have a lot of options. It depends where you are at in your schooling. The AF is getting its numbers down to its allotted amount (which means there are incentives for some to get out of the service). But depending on when you graduate, the AF could be short on personnel and begging for people. It's all about timing. Right now, OTS is really competitive, so is getting into the AF Academy. ROTC might be an "easier" way to get in.

PM me if you have any questions, I could talk about this a while...