Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

to follow up on my army thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
to follow up on my army thread

well i made a thread earlier on about maybe joining army.

i have decided to do it, already started paper work for it and finalizing it this friday, they are thinking i'll be going to basic at Ft Jackson.

I am doing reserves so after i get back from basic i am transfering from USC to the citadel for school.
so will have a good military school behind me once i get out and start getting a job.

pretty stoked to get this started
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
oh and after i get back from basic, i'll have a good amount of cash to spend on goodies for taco.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
kinda surprised i did not get a response, something i said?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 3/8 CAV 1CD
Name: Sam
spaulding88's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it, I thought I would have money after joining also. This is the most underpaid and over worked job you will ever have. Just got to college instead, its not worth the headache I promise.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulding88 View Post
Don't do it, I thought I would have money after joining also. This is the most underpaid and over worked job you will ever have. Just got to college instead, its not worth the headache I promise.
i just doing reserves. and its more money then i will make working at target for the summer. and im not having to miss any school for it
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
Common sense isn't very common!
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Port Dawgs
Name: Johnathan
CrazyCooter's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the military isnt as highly paid as a lot of people think but sounds like you got a good plan and if you do go through with it then after graduating from the Citadel you should get your officer's commision and make more.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
yeah the military isnt as highly paid as a lot of people think but sounds like you got a good plan and if you do go through with it then after graduating from the Citadel you should get your officer's commision and make more.
yeah, but for a college student its good money haha. but yeah i'll finish up there, wont be to bad.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
2009tacoma has a spectacular aura about2009tacoma has a spectacular aura about
Army: SPC, 1BCT 4ID
Name: RJ
2009tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
if your gonna do it do it right and go full time not reserves
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
x2
Wish you the best.
I did my basic at Ft. Jackson in 1983 lol retired in 2007, lots have changed but many memories of FTJ its where it all started my first plane ride.
Why did you choose reserves & what's your MOS gonna be?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009tacoma View Post
if your gonna do it do it right and go full time not reserves
No. for me this is doing it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
x2
Wish you the best.
I did my basic at Ft. Jackson in 1983 lol retired in 2007, lots have changed but many memories of FTJ its where it all started my first plane ride.
Why did you choose reserves & what's your MOS gonna be?
I chose reserves because school is my biggest priority, and after school i want to go straight into the busniess world, thats what im cut out to do. but i always wanted to help out my country as much as i could.
and MOS is Human resources. nothing major but i still think it counts
and thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
It's not about what other people think, it's about what YOU think! It's your life, you choose the road to walk on because if you succeed it's on you! If you fuck up, it's on you!

Military reserves is a great way to get started these days. It's something extra to add to your resume and it's something you'll be proud doing.

Reserves is great because you get to have a civilian life and military life. If you don't like reserves, you can always put your papers in and go active. If you sign up for active up front and don't like it, well you're fucked cuz you're gonna have to ride out your 4 years.

Active duty hates reservists because they are stuck and can't do whatever they want.

I'm USMC reserves and going to school, too. And I get to do whatever the fuck I want.

In basic, all you have to do is sound off, don't volunteer for anything, help out your fellow recruits, play the game, graduate, and move on with life.

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
It's not about what other people think, it's about what YOU think! It's your life, you choose the road to walk on because if you succeed it's on you! If you fuck up, it's on you!

Military reserves is a great way to get started these days. It's something extra to add to your resume and it's something you'll be proud doing.

Reserves is great because you get to have a civilian life and military life. If you don't like reserves, you can always put your papers in and go active. If you sign up for active up front and don't like it, well you're fucked cuz you're gonna have to ride out your 4 years.

Active duty hates reservists because they are stuck and can't do whatever they want.

I'm USMC reserves and going to school, too. And I get to do whatever the fuck I want.

In basic, all you have to do is sound off, don't volunteer for anything, help out your fellow recruits, play the game, graduate, and move on with life.

Good luck!

hey thanks man!
agree with everything you said haha.
yeah its nice to be military and still get to go to school (even though mine is military school haha)

and thanks for the heads up for basic.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
alright question,

would it be better if i go ahead and commission while at the citadel? i would come out as a O-1
if i enlist now i would begin as an E-4 at highest.

cant really make my mind up on which one to due. the guys i know at citadel are 100% on commissioning while at school.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #14
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Commission
Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 AM   #15
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Best decision I have made so far was joining, Good luck with it bud!

As for Commissioned or Enlisted, i would go ahead and commission. Mainly because if you stay Enlisted you will always wish you would have just finished and commissioned, trust me on that. Dont get me wrong, enlisted was great, but part of me always wished i would have.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post

As for Commissioned or Enlisted, i would go ahead and commission. Mainly because if you stay Enlisted you will always wish you would have just finished and commissioned, trust me on that. Dont get me wrong, enlisted was great, but part of me always wished i would have.
agreed...that's what I'm trying to correct now.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #17
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
congrats

Sounds like you've done some research and have made your choice. Congratulations on being part of something bigger than yourself. As for commision or enlisted you have plenty of time to choose, you can do the "green to gold" program if you want to get your commision later and your already in school so your set. I started out active duty then joined the guard as an NCO. I love being an NCO and would not have changed my choices if I could, who else is going to train F'd up Lt.s. Just curious whats your MOS going to be. Again goodluck from SSG. Hamby.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #18
JMFH is on a distinguished road
Army: Chief Warrant Officer
Name: JMFH
JMFH's Tacoma Gallery
Do what you want. If you decide later to go active, you have that option. I've served in the Army for almost 17 years. I started out enlisted and after ten years I applied to become a Warrant Officer. I don't have any regrets. The pay is not great, however I have always been comfortable. It all depends on how you manage money and live within your means. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #19
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post

hey, thanks man! from everyone saying commission it looks like i'll be doing that. just gotta finish up talking to the people at school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Sounds like you've done some research and have made your choice. Congratulations on being part of something bigger than yourself. As for commision or enlisted you have plenty of time to choose, you can do the "green to gold" program if you want to get your commision later and your already in school so your set. I started out active duty then joined the guard as an NCO. I love being an NCO and would not have changed my choices if I could, who else is going to train F'd up Lt.s. Just curious whats your MOS going to be. Again goodluck from SSG. Hamby.
yeah, i looked up alot for this. just think its to big of a thing to do without looking through it and making sure it'll be best for me and my family once i stat it. and yeah i saw the green to gold last night when i was finishing up some more research.
MOS is Human Resources.