Calling ALL Marines - Past and Present

Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #201
bunxbun is on a distinguished road
Marines: Reserves 2821 TechCon
Name: Bunnath
bunxbun's Tacoma Gallery
is anyone else in here a reservist?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #202
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
Hey Spartan, you know a private Evan Lutz? He's my cousin's son. He was down at CP with Lima Co. Graduated in Feb. 13 from PI, and finished SOI, waiting for MOS school. He gave up his force recon contract and went regular 0311. He was just transferred last month to 29 Palms and last Friday (7/5/13), the crazy kid went and got married.
I didn't meet a Pvt Luts but there was a lot of guys in Lima, about 300 I think.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #203
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrod View Post
What company where you with in recruit training and who were your drill instructors? The corps is a small ass world and the hat world is even smaller...
I graduated with 2nd BN Echo Co Plt 2102, my drill instructors were

Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Casias
SSGT Flores
SSGT Cline
Sgt Mcginty
Sgt Addis
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #204
selrod is on a distinguished road

Marines: Drill Instructor
selrod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey6 View Post
I graduated with 2nd BN Echo Co Plt 2102, my drill instructors were

Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Casias
SSGT Flores
SSGT Cline
Sgt Mcginty
Sgt Addis
Kill SSgt Casias is a good marine, I don't know if you knew Sgt Garcia. He was an Echo Co. Hat also he was a J last I remember and was on his way off the depot. We were in DI school together.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #205

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrod View Post
Kill SSgt Casias is a good marine, I don't know if you knew Sgt Garcia. He was an Echo Co. Hat also he was a J last I remember and was on his way off the depot. We were in DI school together.
Yeah we learned a lot from SSGT Casias. He wasn't around as much as the other seniors but I think it was cause it was his last cycle, we felt like s*** cause we were the booger platoon. Sgt Garcia was awesome, I believe he was 2101's J. Right before Final drill he'd always come over with his platoon and faceoff with us haha.

I honestly don't know how you guy's do the drill field day in day out, much respect.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #206

Marines:
Found out I'm going to 1/5 over in San Mateo. Standby for hazing. Lol. Excited as hell though to hit the fleet.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #207
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys,
I ship for basic November 4, And am super excited so I feel like posting... But what should I have my 3 mile down to before I ship? I'm at Colorado Springs altitude. I ran a 22:13 the other day, should I focus more on lowering that? I hit 25 pull ups and 115 sit ups on my last ist.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #208
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Hey guys,
I ship for basic November 4, And am super excited so I feel like posting... But what should I have my 3 mile down to before I ship? I'm at Colorado Springs altitude. I ran a 22:13 the other day, should I focus more on lowering that? I hit 25 pull ups and 115 sit ups on my last ist.
I've seen other Poolee's ship out completely out of shape in comparison to ourselves (I use that term because I'm exactly around your IST score). I've been told by my Gunnery SGT that I'd be fine.

I'll let others chime in, but I feel like you won't be hurting as bad as you think you will be. It's essentially just one big mind fuck and a time for you to learn the dos and don'ts of the Corps. I'll be seeing you around when I get there on the 9th of December
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #209
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
checking in from NAS Pensacola, FL. I am PFC Cummings, MOS Airframe Mechanic. I went to Boot Camp at Parris Island, SC on January 28th 2013.
My Senior Drill Instructor was SSGT Hayes 1st BN C CO. PLT 1025
SSGT Stretch
SSGT Hopkins
SGT McDonald
SGT Grigson
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #210

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
I've seen other Poolee's ship out completely out of shape in comparison to ourselves (I use that term because I'm exactly around your IST score). I've been told by my Gunnery SGT that I'd be fine.

I'll let others chime in, but I feel like you won't be hurting as bad as you think you will be. It's essentially just one big mind fuck and a time for you to learn the dos and don'ts of the Corps. I'll be seeing you around when I get there on the 9th of December
Alright thanks man. I want to get to where im not worrying about my shape and just focus on kicking ass.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #211
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey6 View Post
Found out I'm going to 1/5 over in San Mateo. Standby for hazing. Lol. Excited as hell though to hit the fleet.

1/5 baby! 5th Marines is a good regiment. There isn't much for San Mateo, but at least your close to the gate to get out to San Clemente! I was there years ago (early 90's) with recon co, 5th Marines (used to run through the strawberry farm just outside gate....always wanted to pick some along the way!). I think recon is now back as a battalion instead of the regiments. Anyway, keep a positive attitude and know that there is always more to learn. Enjoy the FMF as much as possible...or at least make what you can out of it. They don't call it the "suck" for nothin!

To the recruit from CO doing high altitude training....your run time is very respectable and I'm sure it'll be faster when you get to basic. I wouldn't worry about your physical fitness since it sounds like it'll be a cake walk for you. Basic is all about breaking you down and rebuilding you stronger, faster, better! The challenge is having the proper mindset. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #212

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamarine View Post
1/5 baby! 5th Marines is a good regiment. There isn't much for San Mateo, but at least your close to the gate to get out to San Clemente! I was there years ago (early 90's) with recon co, 5th Marines (used to run through the strawberry farm just outside gate....always wanted to pick some along the way!). I think recon is now back as a battalion instead of the regiments. Anyway, keep a positive attitude and know that there is always more to learn. Enjoy the FMF as much as possible...or at least make what you can out of it. They don't call it the "suck" for nothin!

To the recruit from CO doing high altitude training....your run time is very respectable and I'm sure it'll be faster when you get to basic. I wouldn't worry about your physical fitness since it sounds like it'll be a cake walk for you. Basic is all about breaking you down and rebuilding you stronger, faster, better! The challenge is having the proper mindset. Good luck!
Hell yeah! I got lucky with my check in cause we just got released for the 96. I'm loving it so far, definitely a big difference than SOI/ITB haha. Pretty much all done with the check in and admin stuff. Met my team leader and squad leader today, some damn squared away marines. Our company has some good training ahead of us so i'm pretty motivated!

Also, there's some sick modded taco's in the parking lot so i'm waiting for one of my Lcpl's to chime in haha.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #213

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Hey guys,
Dude you'll be fine, your pull ups and sit ups are good. You could work on your run time for a perfect PFT. Your Drill Instructors will recognize your physical fitness which puts you in a good position for being a guide or squad leader. But like others have mentioned it isn't so much about PT but the mental aspect. I won't say anymore that way you can find out for yourself, as long as you are strong in the head then you'll be good. Focus on the task at hand that day and lead the fellow recruits that will be with you. Good Luck man!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #214
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I don't recall ever seeing this thread before in the almost 2 years I have been on this forum.

As for me, I am old-Corps a bit.
Graduated boot in 1987 - Platoon 2076 (MCRDSD)
Sr Drill instructor Staff Sgt Vreeland
DI - Sgt Willoghby (Probably spelled wrong)
DI - Sgt Dibble (Short little shit, but mean as a bulldog!)
Old 08-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #216

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, thanks guys! I feel like wrestling has got my head and mind on a good track. I'm excited and feel ready, Just have to wait. I'm doing a quick bulk program and am going to cut right before so I can be ripped and conditioned.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #217
shackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shedshackley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: WO1, Vietnam, 3rd Marines/ 1st Marine Brigade
Name: Steve
shackley's Tacoma Gallery
Service Dates: 1968-1976, inactive reserve 76-78
MOS: 2142, then 2110 Maint. Off.
Deployments:
MCRD, San Diego, 1968
CampPen
3rd Marines, Da Nang/ Camh Ranh Bay, AmTracs
1st Marine Brigade - Kaneohe
CamPen

Short stints at:

Camp Butler Staging Battalion, Okinawa
Subic Bay, Guam

Got early separation in 76 for college cut and USMC eliminating my billet. Got out 2 years early. Didn't need track vehicle maint. officers. Fine by me.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #218
cgsomoza is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sergeant, 1st Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chris
cgsomoza's Tacoma Gallery
1st Battalion, 1st Marines, A co
Service Dates: 2004-2008
MOS: 0331
Deployments:
-Al Karma and Fallujah, Iraq 2006
-Taqqadum Air Field, Iraq 2007-2008
Old 11-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #219
1sttaco11 is on a distinguished road

Marines: USMC Mountain Warfare Training Center
1sttaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Service Dates: August 2001 - present
MOS: 0369
Units: MCSF Co Kings Bay 2002-2004, 3/6 2004-2006, II SOTG 2006-2009, 1/6 2009-2012, MCMWTC Bridgeport 2012 - present
Deployments: Afghanistan 2004 up north, Marjah 2009-10, Sangin/Kajai 2011-12, Iraq 2005-06 Husaybah, kirabilah.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #220
nikkopz is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sergeant
Name: Nick
nikkopz's Tacoma Gallery
Service:2005-Present
MOS: 0627 Satcom Oper
Deployments: Afghan 2011
Current: SPMAGTF-CR Spain