Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Calling ALL Marines - Past and Present

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #21
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Sir - Semper Fi... Were you in Korea?

And by the way, the USMC Museum in Quantico, VA is AWESOME... Everyone here should check it out if you haven't already...
Yes, I did a 14 month tour in Korea. After school in Jacksonville, FL. I went to Quantico, VA for a while before shipping out to Korea.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #22
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to take a second and let you know that I admire the hell outta the US Marines,and all the branches who serve thier country with honor,bravery and selflessness.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #23
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
Yes, I did a 14 month tour in Korea. After school in Jacksonville, FL. I went to Quantico, VA for a while before shipping out to Korea.
Thank you for your service.... There is a Chosin Reservoir exhibit that will put chills up youir spine and a really great Vietnam exhibit….

They even have the two flags that were flown on Iwo Jima there… I’d highly recommend it.

LINK: http://www.usmcmuseum.org/
Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy
Teufel Hunden will become famous soon enoughTeufel Hunden will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sergeant, USMC, last unit: 3rd Batt./4th Mar., 7th Mar. Reg., 1st Mar. Div., Twentynine Palms, CA
Teufel Hunden's Tacoma Gallery
To all of the motivated Devil Dogs past and present, THANK YOU for your service. Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine

Service Dates: 1997-2005
MOS: 1142 and 0311
Major Deployments: Excercise Foal Eagle 98/Freedom Banner 99, JWTC, Excercise Cobra Gold 99, MWTC, CAX, Operation Iraqi Freedom I in 2003.
Permanent Duty Stations: 9th Engineer Support Battalion, MWSS-374, Marine Corps Engineer School, 3rd Battalion/4th Marines.

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #25
Teufel Hunden will become famous soon enoughTeufel Hunden will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sergeant, USMC, last unit: 3rd Batt./4th Mar., 7th Mar. Reg., 1st Mar. Div., Twentynine Palms, CA
Quote:
And by the way, the USMC Museum in Quantico, VA is AWESOME... Everyone here should check it out if you haven't already...
You are definitely correct, the museum is AWESOME! And they are constantly adding to it. I find new things to look at every time I visit. Also, a major addition will begin this winter to add 4 more era galleries covering our history from 1775 until World War II.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Hunden View Post
You are definitely correct, the museum is AWESOME! And they are constantly adding to it. I find new things to look at every time I visit. Also, a major addition will begin this winter to add 4 more era galleries covering our history from 1775 until World War II.

I was there about 2-3 weeks ago... They are also adding a whole OIF section too... I love that they serve beer there too... Why they ask? "Badass is Why".
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #27

Quote:
I was there about 2-3 weeks ago... They are also adding a whole OIF section too... I love that they serve beer there too... Why they ask? "Badass is Why".
Outstanding news, I had no idea that they were adding an entire OIF section! Thanks for the update, I don't know how I missed that one. I am definitely tracking with you on the beer!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #28
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Outstanding news, I had no idea that they were adding an entire OIF section! Thanks for the update, I don't know how I missed that one. I am definitely tracking with you on the beer!

Haha - yea, I don't know of another museum that serves it. The International Spy Museum is great too... if you haven't been there. I am a huge history buff - so I am into museums pretty hard.

If you didn't know also, you can donate $300 to the museum and they will create a brick in your honor (or another person's honor - usually Marines) and embed it in the sidewalks... I have been to the USMC museum several times - and I get the same feeling of awe everytime.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #30

A Marine Trick

^^ That was outstanding USMCBULLDOG!

Hope you like this one:

A Taliban Platoon was on patrol when the commander noticed a lone
Marine standing on a hilltop in their area. The commander told two of his soldiers to go take out the Marine, so they dropped their packs and promptly ran as fast as they could toward him. Just before they got to the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The two soldiers followed. For the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started, it stopped and the Marine came up on the hilltop. He brushed off his cammies, straightened his cover, crossed his arms and stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers.
The infuriated commander called for a squad to go get the Marine. They promptly ran as fast as they could toward him. Just before they got to
the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The squad followed, and for the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started, it stopped and the Marine came up on the hilltop. Brushed off his cammies, straightened his cover, crossed his arms and stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers once again. The commander was really hot now. He ordered the rest of his platoon to attack the Marine. Determined that Taliban soldiers were far superior to one lone Marine, they had blood in their eyes as they ran up the hill. Just before they got to the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The blood thirsty soldiers followed. For many minutes there were horrific screams and dust flying in the air. It continued and continued. Finally, one lone soldier came crawling back to the commander, all bloody and beat about the head and shoulders. His uniform was torn, cuts were all over his body. The commander asked for a report. The lone soldier, trying to catch his breath, replied in a forceful and trembling voice:

"Sir,...run,...it's a trick. There are TWO of them!!!"
Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #31
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^ That was outstanding USMCBULLDOG!

Hope you like this one:

A Taliban Platoon was on patrol when the commander noticed a lone
Marine standing on a hilltop in their area. The commander told two of his soldiers to go take out the Marine, so they dropped their packs and promptly ran as fast as they could toward him. Just before they got to the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The two soldiers followed. For the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started, it stopped and the Marine came up on the hilltop. He brushed off his cammies, straightened his cover, crossed his arms and stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers.
The infuriated commander called for a squad to go get the Marine. They promptly ran as fast as they could toward him. Just before they got to
the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The squad followed, and for the next few minutes there were bloody screams and dust flying in the air. Then as quick as it had started, it stopped and the Marine came up on the hilltop. Brushed off his cammies, straightened his cover, crossed his arms and stood there looking at the Taliban soldiers once again. The commander was really hot now. He ordered the rest of his platoon to attack the Marine. Determined that Taliban soldiers were far superior to one lone Marine, they had blood in their eyes as they ran up the hill. Just before they got to the top, the Marine ran over the other side of the hill. The blood thirsty soldiers followed. For many minutes there were horrific screams and dust flying in the air. It continued and continued. Finally, one lone soldier came crawling back to the commander, all bloody and beat about the head and shoulders. His uniform was torn, cuts were all over his body. The commander asked for a report. The lone soldier, trying to catch his breath, replied in a forceful and trembling voice:

"Sir,...run,...it's a trick. There are TWO of them!!!"

That's a good one! !!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the brother of a Marine
Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #38
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry you are the lesser of the two brothers Tigerfan! JK In all actuality you are the smart one but all we have is giving people SH$T!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.jasonm View Post
Sorry you are the lesser of the two brothers Tigerfan! JK In all actuality you are the smart one but all we have is giving people SH$T!!
i dunno how smart i am as i was fully prepared to go to parris island with him but landed my current job right before signing on and decided to just run with LE
Old 10-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #40
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man you would be surprised how many guys are going into your field after doing some time in the Corps. Plus I am sure there are plenty of Marines out there who find it nice that you have a brother that is a Marine after being pulled over. How come the Police always assume you are drunk after they find out you are a Marine though?