Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

what should be included in a recommendation letter?

Old 03-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
what should be included in a recommendation letter?

hey all, so i need a letter of recommendation to get into the citadel (for people that do not know it is a military school in South Carolina), and the person i asked graduated from West Point academy and has known me my whole life so i figured he'd be a great person to ask for it.
He asked what needs to be in it but the school doesnt state so i was wondering what is the best stuff to have in it?

i have thought of leadership ability, courage, being able to work as a team.
what else?

thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Future ruler of the world!
Zanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of lightZanamoe is a glorious beacon of light
Marines: Cpl Ordnance Technician
Name: Curt
Zanamoe's Tacoma Gallery
general character, any and all accomplishments, just stuff that makes you look superior to the next person. also any other thing that you've done when you were younger such as eagle scout, any rotc, advanced courses but mainly just stuff that makes them want you.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
alright thanks!
and yeah im a eagle scout, went through scouting for like 13 years haha.
yeah just trying to get the best one so i can hopefully get in
Old 03-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else have something that would stand out
Old 03-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have any personal military school suggestions, but as for any college application - anything volunteer, school clubs, church activities and stuff like that go farther than you think.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
i don't have any personal military school suggestions, but as for any college application - anything volunteer, school clubs, church activities and stuff like that go farther than you think.
yeah i added those in the one i had to write.
but the second one is from a person that knows me. just not sure if the same things apply or not
Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cut and dry man, as long as your honest and present the information that you feels represents you best, that's all you can do.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cut and dry man, as long as your honest and present the information that you feels represents you best, that's all you can do.
yeah true, thanks.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
yeah true, thanks.
glad to help. good luck.
but as for a little reassurance, think in your head on how many eagle scouts there are and how many people go to that school. that should look VERY GOOD, and in your favor. i can't speak of your grades of course, but in my mind that should be a pretty good bit of info for a military school. just make sure your thorough, yet not seem braggy like you think your better than everyone else.
subtlety is power.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Bazinga

ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
glad to help. good luck.
but as for a little reassurance, think in your head on how many eagle scouts there are and how many people go to that school. that should look VERY GOOD, and in your favor. i can't speak of your grades of course, but in my mind that should be a pretty good bit of info for a military school. just make sure your thorough, yet not seem braggy like you think your better than everyone else.
subtlety is power.
yeah def, and GPA in high school was a 3.8.
in college its a 3.0. so its good but could be better.

and true about the eagle scout thing, normally helps haha.