Notices

Considering joining the Air Force

Old 03-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Considering joining the Air Force

I'm going to graduate college with a BS in May in Envrionmental Science. I am interested in enlisting in the USAF as an officer, has anyone been through OTS? I'm looking at flight positions, specifically weapons/fighter/recon CSO.

Let me know what I should expect, besides making sure to get a guranteed contract.....

I was first interested in being a Combat Controller, but I'll be a college grad....
Old 03-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNH View Post
I'm going to graduate college with a BS in May in Envrionmental Science. I am interested in enlisting in the USAF as an officer, has anyone been through OTS? I'm looking at flight positions, specifically weapons/fighter/recon CSO.

A.) You do not enlist to become and officer. You enlist to become...enlisted. I understand the confusion.

Let me know what I should expect, besides making sure to get a guranteed contract.....

B.) I will let some ZERO answer this.

I was first interested in being a Combat Controller, but I'll be a college grad....

C.) You can still be CCT..they call them STO (Special Tactics Officer)

http://www.specialtactics.com/sto.shtml
Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
The Gunslinger

TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for clearing some of that up I guess.

Will I go to bootcamp, then OTS?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
The Gunslinger

TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for answers?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
No boot...just OTS.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
Dude just make sure to do PLENTY of research before going to any recruiter. The more knowledgeable you are before commissioning (if you go that route and make it) the better off you will be.

You can go to the military section on here and look to see who the pilots are and pm them.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
TTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant futureTTGuy711 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Intel
Name: Jake
TTGuy711's Tacoma Gallery
BTW Taco Gunner, you're avatar reminds me of basic every time we marched across the foot bridge and yelled "hooyah green feet!" Oh what fun times lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
The Gunslinger

TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone think of some positions that would be good for me, I have strong computer skills, good with mathematics, writing, navigating (compass and GPS), hunting, fishing, environmental planning?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Go be a SERE instructor! You can teach airman survival skillls and how to survive on their own and how to survive in a POW camp!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #10
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
I'd ask a recruiter first what degrees they're accepting right now.. a few people I know (from their experience) say that they will only admit people with certain degrees. The only one I know of right now is computer science.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
The Gunslinger

TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
I have attended a few primitive skills classes and consider myself an accomplished outdoorsman, but much to the thanks of my .270 and St.Croix I'm not so sure I'd qualify to teach them survival skills.

Is there such a thing as an Officer Recruiter? Or does a recruiter cover all positions?