1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Military Can Be VERY Rewarding

Discussion in 'Military' started by SOSHeloPilot, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 23, 2011 at 8:55 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    pros are nice. but show us some cons too

2. Mar 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Thing on grill???????????

3. Mar 23, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    cabarbhab

cabarbhab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Mary Esther, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4x4
    The private sector has sacrificed alot of money through taxes to pay for the defense budget. The worth of the entire private sector today is $7.2 tillion, and money spent on the military industrial complex since WWII has been $7.6 trillion. Every penny of that $7.6 trillion has been taken from the private sector(well alot of it has been printed by the Federal Reserve to be paid back by the private sector). The government does not create wealth, it can only take it from the productive.

4. Apr 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    Gray Tacoma

Gray Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    northern West va
    Vehicle:
    11 Access cab-TRD Sport Package Mag.Gray
    When I joined the Marine Corps they didnt pay anything but I was lucky and got into aviation .Became an aircraft mechanic and a Crew Chief..Got out and took a job in an aircraft factory ,making good money,worked there 8 yrs and got a chance to take a position with one of the biggest Airlines in the country, Worked there for 7 yrs and then went into business for myself building homes...I'd say pretty good for a high school dropout joining the Corps at 17 yrs old.

5. Apr 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    yea, Ive got all that going on, but I could well have had it going on if I never joined the military.
    A cynic might say that it's career planning for the stupid. You don't have any choice on what you get, or how you get it. But if it works out, you get it.
    And that's a big if. Retention goals are well under 30 percent for most career fields across even the higher IQ services, Infantry and most infantry support services are well well below that.

Its changed a lot over the last 30 years and those under 15 years in service (or maybe everyone?) are about to lose their pensions till 62 or older, like those stinky reservists get. 20 years for a pension is nice, but waiting 20+ years to get it is a pain, especially when you've been in the military for the last 20. Better hope you had one of those laid back jobs and got yourself a fancy online "degree" (for whatever those are worth) so you might be able to be employed in the private sector, cause the retirement home (civil service) is gunna be competitive when everyone has to find other work or starve.

ALL I can say to people joining now is.. why? and .. Good luck... past results are NOT at all ever in any way reliable as a predictor of future performance. Your dad doesn't know.

6. Apr 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    jealous

Products Discussed in

To Top