Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

US Military language conversion chart

Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #22
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396tears View Post
Great Post - VERY FUNNY

OP learned a lot living near a Navy town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I work on the NWS, but I dont deal w/ the squids too much Hardly ever see them actually, b/c I work on the contractor side of the base.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #23
396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BMC  -  Retired USNR
396tears's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackliftedtaco View Post
I realize its a joke and it was posted by an AF member, but I get tired of people thinking we are such a joke....
coulda been called a FANG

do you know what that is ??????

my brother was AF and taught me that

all 1 service for all
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #24
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

all 1 service for all
hey...i was prior AD too
Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #25
KCCO!!!
MrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrJKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Honorable discharge
MrJKC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #26
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
All these cats poke fun at each other. In a combat zone if someone is pinned down and the help call goes out WE all bust our ass to get there.From the boys who ran the Brits out of the USA to the kid in boot camp with his right hand in the air today. We are the best of the best! Thanks to all, Jim
Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #27
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
All these cats poke fun at each other. In a combat zone if someone is pinned down and the help call goes out WE all bust our ass to get there.From the boys who ran the Brits out of the USA to the kid in boot camp with his right hand in the air today. We are the best of the best! Thanks to all, Jim
I got the chills reading that for some odd reason. haha, it's awesome to know that no matter what, I was part of something that has done so much, no matter how much or how little one actually contributed.

After being in the military, and seeing and doing things that most don't have the opportunity to do, the $hit some people complain about just seems so miniscule.

But the personal freedom that civilian life offers has its perks too.

Meh...no one telling me what to do. HEHEHE
Old 03-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #28
bcroach78 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
bcroach78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AF has already played a vital role in my survival and my not so soon but very anticipated return home. If you dont find that list funny, then next time GOD is handing out a sense of humor you should try and get in the front of the line!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #29
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh today.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:09 AM   #30
blackliftedtaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Josh
blackliftedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

all 1 service for all
Too bad Ive been active duty for the last 8 years. I know we all joke about each service, just the fact that I know Ive been on 3 combat deployments and been shot at and blown up, and then people call you a whiny baby. Because the AF doesnt "deploy" they go on "vacations". If you look at my ribbons youll see 2 Army ribbons. How you think I got those?

***Im not here to be a party pooper just dont enjoy being called something I know I am not***
Old 03-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
beans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Will
beans20's Tacoma Gallery
I can damn sure say the AF has saved our asses out here plenty of times and we may poke fun at the AF but its all in good fun so dont get your panties in a waud we know damn good and well ya'll do play a vital role in gettin most if not all service men and women home today!!!! Hoo-Ah!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #33
beans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to beholdbeans20 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Will
beans20's Tacoma Gallery
Thats even if you are a FOBIT they still do somethin unless they just work on your MWR then well I dont know what to tell ya!!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #34
ThunderTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: CWO
Name: Ryan
ThunderTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty funny!

BTW- Cup of Joe is from the Navy.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #35
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
Pretty funny!

BTW- Cup of Joe is from the Navy.
Are E-6s and up still called the finger hook? (cuz all they did was hold a f#^$*@% cup o jo)
Old 03-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #36
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Cruise / Afloat Deploy Huh? Huh? should be Guam..
Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #37
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
All the services are one big family. so we get board and start picking on each other. But once something goes down we team up and fuck shit up..
Old 03-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #38
Ha ha ha ha - never heard the term finger hook in 18 years, but I can definitely see where it comes from. I have heard Chiefs referred to as coffee mug holders though.

Quote:
Are E-6s and up still called the finger hook? (cuz all they did was hold a f#^$*@% cup o jo)
Old 03-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #39
Now that is the truth! Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
All the services are one big family. so we get board and start picking on each other. But once something goes down we team up and fuck shit up..
Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #40
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Lol good stuff, thanks for the laughs this morning...now to head to work on my vintage 1960s ship

My cousin is an AF C-130 pilot, those Spectre/Spooky gunships are so bad ass...

You are exactly correct, sir. Those AC-130's are the best thing ever invented, especially from a Marine Grunt's POV. We called them "the Fart of God" from the noise the 20mm cannon made as it was cycling through an unbelievable amount of rounds. We had to look up with our NVG's on to see it. We just sat back with our and watched the show as the enemy disintegrated (literally).

Part of the military is poking fun at each other, stealing the other's women, etc. Bar fights were pretty much branch on branch, but if some little twinkle toed cheese eating surrender monkey commie bastard started talking shit, we just stopped beating each other up and joined forces against the interloper. When he was dealt with, we commenced to beating the everloving bejesus out of each other again.
Ah...good memories.