Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

US Military language conversion chart

Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
US Military language conversion chart

US MILITARY LANGUAGE CONVERSION CHART (joke)

*had to color code it since the Tab formatting was removed*

NAVY / USMC /USCG ARMY AIR FORCE

Head Latrine Powder Room

Rack Bunk Single with ruffle and duvet

Mess Deck / Chow Hall Mess Hall / Mess Tent Dining Facility or 'The Cafe'

'Cookie', stew burner Mess Cook Contract Chef

Coffee / Mud Cup of Joe Vanilla Skim Latte'

Bug Juice Kool-Aid Shirley Temple

Utilities / Digitals BDUs / ACUs Casual Wear

Seaman / Private Private Bobby / Jimmy

Chief / Gunny Sergeant Bob / Jim

Captain / Skipper Colonel Robert / James

Captain's Mast Article 15 Time Out

Berthing / Barracks Barracks Apartment

Skivvies / U-Trau Underwear Undies

Thrown in the Brig Put in Confinement Grounded

Zoom Bag Flight Suit Business Casual

Cover / Head Gear Beret Optional

Ship's Store / NEX PX (PX Trailer) AAFES Shopping Mall

TAD TDY PCS with family

Cruise / Afloat Deploy Huh?

Ground Grabbers Athletic Shoes Flip-Flops

Die for your Country Die for your Battle BuddyDie for Air Conditioning

Shipmate / Marine Battle Buddy Don't Ask, Don't Tell or Honey

Terminate / Kill Take Out Back on Base for Happy Hour

Boon Dockers Jump Boots Birkenstocks

Low Quarters Low Quarters Patent Leather Pumps

SEAL SF/Ranger Librarian

Shore Patrol / MPs MPs SF

Oouh-Rah! Hoo-ah! Hip-Hip hurray!

MRE MRE Happy Meal To Go

Salute Salute Wave

Obstacle Course Confidence Course Class 6 Parking Lot

Grinder / Drill Field Parade Field What?

Ge-Dunk Snack Bar Chuck E. Cheese

PT Test APFT 'No conversion available'

Dept. Of the Navy DoD DoD Lite

Midshipman Cadet Debutante

Hard-Core Strak 'Way Too Serious'
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
As a man who has a son serving in NM Air National Guard, I just wanna' say "I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there".
Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
True.. O so true. Very funny.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i will say we did step up our PT to almost army standards, now the army is changing theirs to combat simulated PT
Old 03-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #8
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
thats why Air force way to go. same pay. leisure life style
Old 03-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
blackliftedtaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Josh
blackliftedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I realize its a joke and it was posted by an AF member, but I get tired of people thinking we are such a joke....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #11
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
That's funny, and it's all in good fun. I've met some AF personnel that were complete badasses.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:53 AM   #12
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Thats funny, sounds like some shit my brother(marine) would say
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackliftedtaco View Post
I realize its a joke and it was posted by an AF member, but I get tired of people thinking we are such a joke....
every branch has their purposes. the AF's purpose is generally more knowledge based and tech savvy. there are exceptions to this in the AF as well, but we need folks in all of the jobs or we'd all be hosed and never be able to get off the ground. too many folks cant get over themselves enough to see that we are all on the same team. we all joke about this and that but the folks that cant come together as that team, regardless of which branch, dont need to be players.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #14
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
In the Marine Corps, running shoes are called "go-fasters."

DAMN, beat me to it! haha
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #16
dexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
People always cracking jokes about the Air Force.....I guess some people just didn't score high enough to join the AF.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
"That's what she said..."
Hondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really niceHondarider08 is just really nice

Air Force: Currently ROTC, future fighter pilot.
Name: Justin
Hondarider08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackliftedtaco View Post
You and me both...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #18
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
stop whining guys

All you gotta say to yourself/and or others is "I'm giving up/gave up __ years of my life for a greater purpose" or something along those lines.

When I signed the papers, on the reason for joing part I literally put "to see the world", and while I didn't get to see the WHOLE world, I can proudly say that I have been to more countries before 21 yrs that most will go to in a life time.

The military opened up a life of adventure seeking for me, and while those may be few and far in between, those are what I live for.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
stop whining guys

All you gotta say to yourself/and or others is "I'm giving up/gave up __ years of my life for a greater purpose" or something along those lines.

When I signed the papers, on the reason for joing part I literally put "to see the world", and while I didn't get to see the WHOLE world, I can proudly say that I have been to more countries before 21 yrs that most will go to in a life time.

The military opened up a life of adventure seeking for me, and while those may be few and far in between, those are what I live for.
one team, brotha!!