Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Corpus Christi Housing Q

Old 04-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Corpus Christi Housing Q

Hey, can anyone here fill me in on Corpus Christi TX? I'll be there in a month and have to find a place to live with a yard for my two dogs, but I'd like it to not be in the crappiest, most sketchy part of town possible. What areas are good to look in and within a reasonable commuting distance from the NAS? Is traffic there horrible?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Sharpie. See if you can find a number for the housing office on the NAS. They may be able to send you a listing of the housing available near the NAS. The AF has this type of service here at Eglin AFB, don't know about NAS CC but I think most military services have it. Here is a number I found for the housing office. NAS Corpus Christi Housing Office: (361) 961-3336
Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
The do have an office too. Which I will definitely be calling, but have to wait til tomorrow and patience is not my strong suit. I figure the more info I can gather, the better.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure when you talk to the person, you get them to tell you what parts of town is the RIGHT place to live. Most will give you this info. They may get you a list of available homes and apartments. I spent almost 21 years in the AF and looking for the right housing is not easy. You will have to have some "patience" in the military. At times, NOTHING moves fast.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Ready to travel

Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Officially have orders in hand. Now just have to call the office when they're open. I love the recommendation that I must call at least 90 days before I arrive. Love to, but just got them about 30 days out, lol. At least I'm a DIY mover.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
If you meet a woman named Janet (cant spell her name) Hodges, start running!! Just as an fyi.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, traffic is horrible!!! Im telling you this because i drive in the horrible traffic every day. Some of the worst drivers in the state of Texas.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
WestonJ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Weston
WestonJ's Tacoma Gallery
most people that are in the military live on north padre island. (so do i) its about a 10 minute commute to the base, and 1 minute to the beach. definitely one of the better places in corpus to live
Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonJ View Post
most people that are in the military live on north padre island. (so do i) its about a 10 minute commute to the base, and 1 minute to the beach. definitely one of the better places in corpus to live
Amen!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
Ready to travel

Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonJ View Post
Thanks! My dad (ret) also said that Flour Bluff was alright when he was there, hopefully that's still true.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
WestonJ is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Weston
WestonJ's Tacoma Gallery
Flour Bluff isnt too bad, like every place it has its pros and cons. im sure there are more than a few houses that are available to rent. good luck on the move.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #12
Ready to travel

Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know any real estate folks in the area that are decent? I got ZIP codes from the housing office, not much else. Thinking of buying since it looks like there are some pretty reasonably priced houses and not much in the way of rentals that I'm finding so far that will okay my two big dogs.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
Anyone know any real estate folks in the area that are decent? I got ZIP codes from the housing office, not much else. Thinking of buying since it looks like there are some pretty reasonably priced houses and not much in the way of rentals that I'm finding so far that will okay my two big dogs.
PM member "Jmont" and ask him, he is a real estate appraiser in the area and will point you in the right direction. He'll know who you should go to, and who you should stay away from.