1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Big Change Leaving The Army (Canadian Forces Infantry)

Discussion in 'Military' started by NFK, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    NFK

NFK [OP] Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    Well I handed in my papers about a month back for a 30 day release with a pending job when I get out, i am down to five days left heading back home to Vancouver Island (Victoria B.C) for a new job. I have completed 9 years 3 tours and 3 domestic deployments (avalanche control, Security for the Olympics and IRU for floods in MB) with the P . P . C . L . I 2nd battalion ( Infantry). I am a little nervous since the army is the only thing I have known for 8 years but yet i am really pumped to be coming back home and starting a new carer!! :)

2. May 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    Congratulation and good luck with your new career.

3. May 9, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Nick, I was in the same boat about a year ago and the transition is tough. I am still adjusting to the real world. Take is a day at a time. Good luck, congrats on the new job.

4. May 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    tig1

tig1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    so you know,just want to say--Thanks!! for your service.:infantry:

later tig1

5. May 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue Pearl SR5
    Best of luck to you. It's quite the change. Remember that civilians are by and large a bunch of fucking nitwits. The vast majority have no idea what it's like to be in the military. Keep your cool when dealing with them.

I mention that because I had....ah...issues...with civilians when i first got out. It was basically "WTF have you done with your life to earn your oxygen?"

I'm better now, just took some time. Kinetik873 is right, one day at a time.

One thing that helped me get through everything was the thought "Well, at least no one's shooting at me."

6. May 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    im a civilian contractor for the AF and I feel this way daily, I deal with active duty personnel all day every day, people taking weapons to deploy with non the less...
    haha Not talking shit to anyone here, Let me just say that there are a lot of people that I would not want on my squad. i.e. we had a guy start crying when he heard a m9 slide forward to rack a round...

7. May 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM

52419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics
    haha Not talking shit to anyone here, Let me just say that there are a lot of people that I would not want on my squad. i.e. we had a guy start crying when he heard a m9 slide forward to rack a round...[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahahahahahaha lol had this happen the other day, we were in a village in rc east afghanistan with some reserve mps tagging along in our INFANTRY foot patrol we set in and started to take small arms and rpgs like any other good infantrymen i returned fire and then started pulling belts for the dimounted 240b what do i see when i turn around mps crying with there weapons at there feet...........i almost effing lost it

8. May 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    I should probably clarify. I got out of the Corps and went straight back into the civilian workforce and college with no time to decompress and get my head straight. I had no tolerance for whiny spoiled mama's boys and people who thought bathing was an optional experience, much less had any idea of the hell we lived and how many friends we buried.

There was a thread on how much simpler life is in the military a few months back, and it's true. Everyone is trained in a similar fashion, knows the rules and the penalties for breaking those rules. There is very little of that in the "world."

I have nothing to say about the crybaby and the M9. That is unheard of in the Corps. We usually fight over it to see who would shoot first.

9. May 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    SPORT

SPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    CA bred, currently living in York, PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    3" level lift 1.25" Wheel Spacers

Though I'm an American...Thanks for protecting our northern frontier. :)

10. May 9, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    Whistler_Steve

Whistler_Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Whistler, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Red TRD Offroad
    Icon Ext Travel Coilovers--LR Upper Control Arms--Icon 3 Leaf AAL--OME 182 Rear Shocks--BFG KM/2 285/75/16--Replica TT TRD FJ Wheels
    Thanks for your service as well as the help in my backyard :cheers:

11. May 9, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Average JOE

Average JOE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    3'lift,Upgraded sound system,Dyanamat interior flowmaster,K&N,
    Thanks for your service. You will see there is more to life than being in the Military.

Enjoy your new job.

12. May 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    NFK

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    Thanks guys for all the words of experience and what to expect and also for the thanks , for the dealing with civs I know that will happen time to time, when returning from Afghanistan my first times I found there was a lot of people pissing me off, I now don’t let it bother me as much but I am sure it will pop up. I think the hardest part will be leaving my brothers especially the ones I consider as close or closer then my own family, the memorys/experiances things I have done that most of the world will never experience or understand also the pride of regiment and my uniform those will be hard to let go.

13. May 10, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    NFK

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    2 DAYS LEFT!!

14. May 11, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    NFK

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    1 day left!

15. May 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:

:taco::woot:

16. May 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    NFK

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    HAHAH!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. May 11, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Man, when I got out, the last few days went by soooooooo sloooowwww. Glad to see it's almost over.

18. May 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    NFK

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    MAN YOUR TELLING ME !

and there squeezing every drop right now out of me!

i just got back at 3am early morning today from the floods! our city is at a state of HOLLY SHIT! we are going to drown

so today for the rest of the day i finaly get my posting/release slump haha

19. May 11, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    CoalMedic

CoalMedic Molon Labe

Member:
    Southern Illinois
    Vehicle:

Final inspection of gear, paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork LUNCH paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork go home?

20. May 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    oldranger821

oldranger821 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fort Walton Beach, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Quicksand SR5 V6
    Vietnam Vet here. 1968. don't let folks get under your skin. We had the same stuff back in the Nam era but no one did anything about it and a lot of us just now are getting help with it. I only have a slightt problem with it. Spent 20 years in the AF then 21 years in civil service for the AF. Retired now. Thank you for your service. spent 2 winters at one of your garden spots in Canada. Goose Bay. Lab. Take it one day at a time.

Products Discussed in

To Top