Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Big Change Leaving The Army (Canadian Forces Infantry)

Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
Big Change Leaving The Army (Canadian Forces Infantry)

Well I handed in my papers about a month back for a 30 day release with a pending job when I get out, i am down to five days left heading back home to Vancouver Island (Victoria B.C) for a new job. I have completed 9 years 3 tours and 3 domestic deployments (avalanche control, Security for the Olympics and IRU for floods in MB) with the P . P . C . L . I 2nd battalion ( Infantry). I am a little nervous since the army is the only thing I have known for 8 years but yet i am really pumped to be coming back home and starting a new carer!!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Nick, I was in the same boat about a year ago and the transition is tough. I am still adjusting to the real world. Take is a day at a time. Good luck, congrats on the new job.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
so you know,just want to say--Thanks!! for your service.

later tig1
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck to you. It's quite the change. Remember that civilians are by and large a bunch of fucking nitwits. The vast majority have no idea what it's like to be in the military. Keep your cool when dealing with them.

I mention that because I had....ah...issues...with civilians when i first got out. It was basically "WTF have you done with your life to earn your oxygen?"

I'm better now, just took some time. Kinetik873 is right, one day at a time.

One thing that helped me get through everything was the thought "Well, at least no one's shooting at me."
Old 05-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
Best of luck to you. It's quite the change. Remember that civilians are by and large a bunch of fucking nitwits. The vast majority have no idea what it's like to be in the military. Keep your cool when dealing with them.

I mention that because I had....ah...issues...with civilians when i first got out. It was basically "WTF have you done with your life to earn your oxygen?"
im a civilian contractor for the AF and I feel this way daily, I deal with active duty personnel all day every day, people taking weapons to deploy with non the less...
Quote:
a bunch of fucking nitwits
haha Not talking shit to anyone here, Let me just say that there are a lot of people that I would not want on my squad. i.e. we had a guy start crying when he heard a m9 slide forward to rack a round...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
haha Not talking shit to anyone here, Let me just say that there are a lot of people that I would not want on my squad. i.e. we had a guy start crying when he heard a m9 slide forward to rack a round...[/QUOTE]

ahahahahahahahahahaha lol had this happen the other day, we were in a village in rc east afghanistan with some reserve mps tagging along in our INFANTRY foot patrol we set in and started to take small arms and rpgs like any other good infantrymen i returned fire and then started pulling belts for the dimounted 240b what do i see when i turn around mps crying with there weapons at there feet...........i almost effing lost it
Old 05-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I should probably clarify. I got out of the Corps and went straight back into the civilian workforce and college with no time to decompress and get my head straight. I had no tolerance for whiny spoiled mama's boys and people who thought bathing was an optional experience, much less had any idea of the hell we lived and how many friends we buried.

There was a thread on how much simpler life is in the military a few months back, and it's true. Everyone is trained in a similar fashion, knows the rules and the penalties for breaking those rules. There is very little of that in the "world."

I have nothing to say about the crybaby and the M9. That is unheard of in the Corps. We usually fight over it to see who would shoot first.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
SPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
SPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFK View Post
Well I handed in my papers about a month back for a 30 day release with a pending job when I get out, i am down to five days left heading back home to Vancouver Island (Victoria B.C) for a new job. I have completed 9 years 3 tours and 3 domestic deployments (avalanche control, Security for the Olympics and IRU for floods in MB) with the P . P . C . L . I 2nd battalion ( Infantry). I am a little nervous since the army is the only thing I have known for 8 years but yet i am really pumped to be coming back home and starting a new carer!!

Though I'm an American...Thanks for protecting our northern frontier.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
Whistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhistler_Steve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Whistler_Steve's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for your service as well as the help in my backyard
Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Average JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to beholdAverage JOE is a splendid one to behold

Army: 4ID
Name: Matt
Average JOE's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your service. You will see there is more to life than being in the Military.

Enjoy your new job.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #12
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
Thanks guys for all the words of experience and what to expect and also for the thanks , for the dealing with civs I know that will happen time to time, when returning from Afghanistan my first times I found there was a lot of people pissing me off, I now don’t let it bother me as much but I am sure it will pop up. I think the hardest part will be leaving my brothers especially the ones I consider as close or closer then my own family, the memorys/experiances things I have done that most of the world will never experience or understand also the pride of regiment and my uniform those will be hard to let go.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Molon Labe

Quote:
1 day left!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Molon Labe

Man, when I got out, the last few days went by soooooooo sloooowwww. Glad to see it's almost over.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #19
Molon Labe

Quote:
MAN YOUR TELLING ME !

and there squeezing every drop right now out of me!

i just got back at 3am early morning today from the floods! our city is at a state of HOLLY SHIT! we are going to drown

so today for the rest of the day i finaly get my posting/release slump haha

Final inspection of gear, paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork LUNCH paperwork paperwork paperwork paperwork go home?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #20
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Vietnam Vet here. 1968. don't let folks get under your skin. We had the same stuff back in the Nam era but no one did anything about it and a lot of us just now are getting help with it. I only have a slightt problem with it. Spent 20 years in the AF then 21 years in civil service for the AF. Retired now. Thank you for your service. spent 2 winters at one of your garden spots in Canada. Goose Bay. Lab. Take it one day at a time.