Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Basic Training...

Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #21
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
No real new info- cardio (running), push-ups, sit-ups. If you don't know how already, learn to keep your mouth shut, and donít make excuses. If they say your fucked up, your fucked up. As far as physical fitness goes check out this link, http://www.armyprt.com/. Its the direction the Army has been going the last few years and goggle the army's new physical fitness test. There are two new ones coming out a combat one and a regular one (http://www.ultimatebasictraining.com/blog/?p=277), however you will still take the APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test). Everything I have heard states they are testing it out at some of the basic training units, some National Guard units, and some active units. The first link will come in handy though as they have been doing PRT in basic for the last 5-10yrs or so.

Good luck and remember, just do what youíre told. Itís a break you down, build you back up philosophy.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #22
junior07 is on a distinguished road
Marines: CPL Safety and Survival Mech, VMM-264
Name: Matt
junior07's Tacoma Gallery
The physical part isn't hard they will build you up to at least some decent standard, It's the mental part, and everything that builds into it i.e: All the bullshit with the DI's/DS's then all the bullshit that comes up with in the platoon itself through out training, lack of sleep, showers, time to yourself, guard duties, getting punished for one guy screwing up etc etc.

And best advice is don't be "That guy", during boot we were told that on average out of 10 recruits 1 of them will be "That Guy" always screwing up, getting everone thrashed.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #23
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
I would really REALLY suggest completely accepting the training. If you are going, it's because you WANT to be a soldier/marine/sailer etc... The training is designed for you to succeed, no matter how much you think you are fu*&ing up. Just execute when and how you are told to and keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
TacoAviator is a jewel in the roughTacoAviator is a jewel in the roughTacoAviator is a jewel in the roughTacoAviator is a jewel in the rough

Army: Aviator, Warrant Officer
Name: James
TacoAviator's Tacoma Gallery
Swallow your pride and learn humility. I joined seven years ago as a private and that was the best thing my dad told me before I joined. He is a former Marine (RET). I always busted my ass and PT'd harder than anyone else. Never turn down a detail, no matter how shitty. GO TO EVERY SCHOOL YOU CAN! Remember you still have to take care of your career too. I did all that and now Im a Warrant Officer flying helicopters. Never give up and you will be awesome. Good luck!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
mrando is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mrando's Tacoma Gallery
#1. Pushups. Most common flunk out on the PT tests.
#2. Find a crowd, doesn't matter if its friends or strangers. Practice being in the middle of it. Be invisible surrounded by people.

Why? because its always the first guy or the last guy that gains the attention of the drill sargeants during basic (you didn't say, Army or Navy? Not sure what a Navy instructor is called).

You might want to sit in a empty cement building for an hour a night, making sure it doesn't burn down. This will get you a colorful piece of cloth eventually.