Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Afgh. & Iraq Toxic Dust vs RVN Agent Orange

Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Afgh. & Iraq Toxic Dust vs RVN Agent Orange

Now, more and more info. is coming out on "Gulf War Syndrome" and a few other ailments (from Iraq & Afghanistan) ... and it is pointing more to the "Toxic Dust". as one of the major factors.

This "Toxic Dust" might be the "Middle East's" version of "RVN's Agent Orange"..

One of the first breaks in this was during Iraq War 1 ... analyzing soil samples around loading areas of "A-10 Ordinance" (depleted uranium round dust particles).

This is not new info., it is just getting a lot stronger with some medical publications coming out next month. This is how AO started.

To all the men & women that served there ... make sure you have all of your medical problems documented in your DoD & VA medical records.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
check out "yellow sand"
Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Only thing I found was yellow sand in korea and have not been there yet so not worried. Im wondering what is in the sands of kuwait and iraq.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yea I was in korea and some days the yellow sand was so bad you couldnt see accross the street. it is suppose to be harmfull, have pesticides in it, cause asthma and other health problems.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
New stuff comes out every day. Allergies, cardiovascular issues, tiredness...list goes on. Unregulated pollution and waste disposal in almost every country we deploy to.

Afgahn has worse findings then Iraq.

Document it and keep copies of your records for life. Something lots of young joes fail to do or undervalue in an age where you no longer hand carry your records to your next duty station.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
Bump-

Those of you that have deployed, don't underestimate your symptoms. I thought I was just having a really hard time getting back in shape. Still able to maintain a 7-730 min pace for as far as I want but it is def not my norm and air always felt "thick". I got checked out and turns out I have now developed asthma.

Don't play down yours or your Soldiers symptoms.

Here are a few links worth looking at;

(Oct 2010, DoD Burn pit Report) http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d1163.pdf

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/news/...-allergy-risks

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3953230.shtml

http://burnpitclaims.blogspot.com/

http://www.gelmans.com/ReadingRoom/t...se-Claims.aspx

http://vmwusa.org/index.php/vetservi.../864-burn-pits
Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
soldier is on a distinguished road

Army:
soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

Now, more and more info. is coming out on "Gulf War Syndrome" and a few other ailments (from Iraq & Afghanistan) ... and it is pointing more to the "Toxic Dust". as one of the major factors.

This "Toxic Dust" might be the "Middle East's" version of "RVN's Agent Orange"..

One of the first breaks in this was during Iraq War 1 ... analyzing soil samples around loading areas of "A-10 Ordinance" (depleted uranium round dust particles).

This is not new info., it is just getting a lot stronger with some medical publications coming out next month. This is how AO started.

To all the men & women that served there ... make sure you have all of your medical problems documented in your DoD & VA medical records.
Well I guess we will eventually find more and more stuff that makes us sick over the years. How about the water bottles that where left outside and we all at one time or another drank. I think the plastic cooking outside in 100 degree weather will probably end up making us sick in some way or the other.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #8
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Keep records of anything you do non-deployment related as well. I've got a good friend that painted equipment with CARC while in the military. It ended up causing a lot of health issues for him. Also took a VERY long time to get any assistance from the military for medical treatment
Old 08-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #9

Army:
soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
Keep records of anything you do non-deployment related as well. I've got a good friend that painted equipment with CARC while in the military. It ended up causing a lot of health issues for him. Also took a VERY long time to get any assistance from the military for medical treatment
yeah I'm 15 years in, I'm glad they found a few things when I got out of active .
Old 08-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
The guys who really got shafted on "passive & active dangerous materials and combat areas" were the Air America guys who fought in Laos & Cambodia as "private contractors". But, we are working to now get them reclassified as "government employees" (US gov. owned A/A in reality) and I hope it happens before all of the A/A guys die off.

We are still fighting for their disabilities and now it is going all the way to special Congressional areas for review. A good friend of mine did 17 years with A/A and needs his bennies (and we will get them). He has a bad case of PTSD and is crazier than a "shit-house rat" and deserves his bennies as the regular military got them.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #11
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
On leatherneck in AFG, they had the burn pit set up right next to the billeting. They were burning 24/7 and when the wind was the wrong way, everyone inhaled the smoke the entire time. Not only that, when I was away from LNK, which was most of the time, the moon dust was unavoidable. Drank the water bottles that were cooking in 120 degree heat. Lots of unhealthy junk. I never had allergy or sinus problems until I went to AFG.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #12
BowtechDan is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ret.
BowtechDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth.morris07 View Post
On leatherneck in AFG, they had the burn pit set up right next to the billeting. They were burning 24/7 and when the wind was the wrong way, everyone inhaled the smoke the entire time. Not only that, when I was away from LNK, which was most of the time, the moon dust was unavoidable. Drank the water bottles that were cooking in 120 degree heat. Lots of unhealthy junk. I never had allergy or sinus problems until I went to AFG.
I was at Kandahar for 6 months and it took me 2 months to finally quit clearing my throat. That place was dusty as hell.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #13

Army:
soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth.morris07 View Post
yeah I know that shit is gong to come back and bite us OEF/OIF vets.