Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

What do i have to do to become a pilot in the USAF

Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
What do i have to do to become a pilot in the USAF

I really want to be a pilot in the USAF, in any category meaning tanker, fighter, cargo.....i have no flight experience, in a normal university, and am pretty average in grades...What can i do to do this??
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
dpinckard is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineers!
Name: Dennis
dpinckard's Tacoma Gallery
Being former Army, I can't speak to specifics, but the first thing I would do is go see your campus ROTC commander. If there isn't one, track down the local AF recruiter.

If I'm not mistaken, you'll need a college degree and a commission. If there's an AF ROTC, you can do that or Officer Candidate School. Then you'd probably need to qualify and attend flight school.

You can also check out the AF Guard/Reserve.

You could also try for the AF Academy, which if it's like West Point, should also be a 4-yr University.

Again, your local ROTC commander or recruiter can answer your questions best.