Retirement

Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Silly-villian
battlegeek is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Geek
Name: Eric
battlegeek's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Retirement

Well, I finally got my DD214 yesterday, it being my actual retirement date. I'm still waiting for the "official copy" via snail mail. At least, thats what the vMPF said.

12 years, 2 months, 14 days of service, and the AF just said, "Bye". Damned Force Shaping. LOL

I'll miss it, but hey, permanent retirement with a disability, VA benefits, and the 10 points preference for my new AF civilian position. I'm not going to bitch "TOO" much.

Advice to all those still in, stay in and reenlist until THEY kick you out for a decent reason. Fight it, cuz if its warranted, they'll pay you for the rest of your life (hopefully with the budget cuts, LOL).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Eric,
Thank you for your service.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #3
tommyc is on a distinguished road
Name: tommy
tommyc's Tacoma Gallery
Dude you did your time, it now time for you to relax and enjoy yourself.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Silly-villian

Relax? Nah. Already got a civilian position on base that pays better so I can afford more toys for the taco. Heh.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Eric, best of luck to you, and thanks for your service. I'm AF too; retiring in Dec with 20yrs and 4 days. I'm having my 3rd back surgery in a month... That will make 9 discs operated on! My Texas vet advisor thinks I will get 100% based on all my issues and permanent degenerative spine condition.

Again, best of luck!!! Bob
Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Silly-villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
Eric, best of luck to you, and thanks for your service. I'm AF too; retiring in Dec with 20yrs and 4 days. I'm having my 3rd back surgery in a month... That will make 9 discs operated on! My Texas vet advisor thinks I will get 100% based on all my issues and permanent degenerative spine condition.

Again, best of luck!!! Bob

Good luck Bob!

FYI, your DD214 comes via the vMPF now. I got mine ON my retirement date. This is your official copy, no matter what the VA says. As long as it has a personnelist signature from AFPC, its official.

Are you getting the physical early? If so, see if you can get in on the IDES evaluation program, it gives you your initial VA rating at the same time as the AF disbaility rating too. Kills about 9-10 months off the process.