1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Blue Angels Too Low

Discussion in 'Military' started by judd94, May 27, 2011.

1. May 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    judd94

judd94 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    I'm just curious if anybody knows exactly how low the Blue Angels flew at recent airshow Lynchburg, VA?
    For those wondering what I'm talking about the 4 aircraft diamond formation flew below altitude minimums as well as a few other ongoing formation issues and the lead pilot is stepping down. The previous lead pilot is taking over and the all air shows next month are canceled.

2. May 28, 2011 at 5:06 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    150 ft.. Sorry to see the C.O. step down. They are the best of the best...

3. May 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    Largefarva

Largefarva Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fox Lake, IL
    Vehicle:
    '08 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4x4
    Wow....that is really low. Bad call on the flight commander. I'm sure his resignation wasn't completely voluntary....he probably had some outside influences helping along with the decision.

4. May 28, 2011 at 6:00 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    he wanted to check out that chick flashing them
    pilot: gentlemen, tits at 4 o'clock. lets go in for a closer look.
    squad: roger that.

5. May 28, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWVRlPHyY8

You can watch the whole thing or scroll to about 23:50 and watch from there...
    I would give that lower that 150...Inside two plane lengths above the runway-and close enuf to the fingertips to call the knock it off/bug out. #4 was just along for the ride.
    And it was a complete class act for the current CO to step down. This was the most egregious of a series of flight integrity violations this season-He was lucky to not have a CFIT incident this time and he is VERY wise to know this was the time to stop. There have been too many flight demo team crashes...This may well have avoided another one

6. May 28, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Pentagon now says 130 ft.. Take it from a almost old cat watching there you tube shots WILL CURE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION... Jim

7. Jun 3, 2011 at 3:26 AM
    ixsanctifiedxi

ixsanctifiedxi II corinthians 5:21

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    02 3.4L Double Cab 4x4
    Deck Plate Mod, OME 881's on 5100's set to 0", Dakar leafs in the rear with 5100's...
    I could see these guys from the house... there was times you could see in the cockpit they were so low...

8. Jun 3, 2011 at 3:32 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    if it goes wrong then it goes wrong.......if not then it's all good.

Blue angels fucking rock!

9. Jun 3, 2011 at 3:39 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    they put on a show in schenectady ny a few years back and my father and i were in charge of painting their big white orienteering line.

10. Jun 3, 2011 at 3:41 AM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Yikes. That was pretty low but heck, those guys practice going lower than that. I see skimming runs where they try to get close enough to skim a wheat field.

11. Jun 3, 2011 at 4:30 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I fly at 5 feet all the time- but if I brief/am told not to go below 500'-I don't. The problem is not really that they were close to the ground-It's that they violated procedure.

12. Jun 3, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    They were supposed to perform in my city this weekend, but obviously aren't now. too bad, I love watching those guys/gals perform. but I understand that rules are rules.

Products Discussed in

To Top