Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Blue Angels Too Low

Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Angels Too Low

I'm just curious if anybody knows exactly how low the Blue Angels flew at recent airshow Lynchburg, VA?
For those wondering what I'm talking about the 4 aircraft diamond formation flew below altitude minimums as well as a few other ongoing formation issues and the lead pilot is stepping down. The previous lead pilot is taking over and the all air shows next month are canceled.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
150 ft.. Sorry to see the C.O. step down. They are the best of the best...
Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
Wow....that is really low. Bad call on the flight commander. I'm sure his resignation wasn't completely voluntary....he probably had some outside influences helping along with the decision.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #4
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
he wanted to check out that chick flashing them
pilot: gentlemen, tits at 4 o'clock. lets go in for a closer look.
squad: roger that.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWVRlPHyY8

You can watch the whole thing or scroll to about 23:50 and watch from there...
I would give that lower that 150...Inside two plane lengths above the runway-and close enuf to the fingertips to call the knock it off/bug out. #4 was just along for the ride.
And it was a complete class act for the current CO to step down. This was the most egregious of a series of flight integrity violations this season-He was lucky to not have a CFIT incident this time and he is VERY wise to know this was the time to stop. There have been too many flight demo team crashes...This may well have avoided another one
Old 05-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
150 ft.. Sorry to see the C.O. step down. They are the best of the best...
Pentagon now says 130 ft.. Take it from a almost old cat watching there you tube shots WILL CURE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION... Jim
Old 06-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
II corinthians 5:21
ixsanctifiedxi is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
ixsanctifiedxi's Tacoma Gallery
I could see these guys from the house... there was times you could see in the cockpit they were so low...
Old 06-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #8
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
if it goes wrong then it goes wrong.......if not then it's all good.

Blue angels fucking rock!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #9
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
they put on a show in schenectady ny a few years back and my father and i were in charge of painting their big white orienteering line.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
Yikes. That was pretty low but heck, those guys practice going lower than that. I see skimming runs where they try to get close enough to skim a wheat field.
I fly at 5 feet all the time- but if I brief/am told not to go below 500'-I don't. The problem is not really that they were close to the ground-It's that they violated procedure.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #12
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
They were supposed to perform in my city this weekend, but obviously aren't now. too bad, I love watching those guys/gals perform. but I understand that rules are rules.