Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Post 9/11 GI Bill question

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Post 9/11 GI Bill question

Hey guys, I've been on the Post 9/11 GI Bill for about a year now and always been told the BAH payments get paid at the end of the month for the prior month's costs. Well here it is the end of May, my last semester until next fall (thanks California teacher's unions...) and I have no notice of a pending deposit on my bank account. It always shows up a few days prior but its two days till the first. If I don't get this last BAH payment I'm shit outta luck trying to pay my rent. I don't know who to call and I've never had a problem before with any of my payments.

I realize its a holiday weekend and it may just be my bank dragging their feet with updating the website but where do I start if I get screwed on this payment? My school's vet rep is gone for the summer just like all the other school personnel.

Anybody?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TACODACKS's Avatar
Army:
Name: Mike
Joined: Jan 2010, #29885
Location: The Streets of America
Gender: Male
Posts: 168
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
Brunes nailed it...don't worry just yet man. Also, are you sure your BAH doesn't get split up between the two pay periods? On my LES is says my BAH is XXXX, but I get paid half on the 1st and half on the 15th, for what it's worth.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Just recently the gov't made a move to "cut costs" by not paying out early (Usually paychecks and everything were hitting accounts 24 hours before payday). Now they are paying out on time for payday. I would say that if you haven't had problems to date with getting paid- I wouldn't freak out yet.
I'm hopin against hope right now man. My wife was out of work for two weeks with a fractured eye socket ( I wasn't even there ...don't get suspicious) so if this don't hit, we're screwed. I can't even find a number for Muskogee to call with questions, even though I know its a holiday weekend and all. God forbid they work on holidays ...like I am.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
Junior Member
eight6four_taco is on a distinguished road
 
eight6four_taco's Avatar
Army: B Btry 1/178 FA *Swamp Fox*
Name: Bobby
Joined: Jun 2010, #39546
Location: Upstate SoCar
Gender: Guy
Posts: 21
eight6four_taco's Tacoma Gallery
Contact for VA Rep

Long story short..... the VA rep at my school sucks, she has always referred me to the following toll free number (888.442.4551) if I have any questions regarding my Post 9/11 GI Bill. Hope this helps?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACODACKS View Post
Brunes nailed it...don't worry just yet man. Also, are you sure your BAH doesn't get split up between the two pay periods? On my LES is says my BAH is XXXX, but I get paid half on the 1st and half on the 15th, for what it's worth.
I'm not active duty anymore. Its the BAH that gets paid with Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill for taking more than half a full load of classes. It always hits in one lump sum and its equal to an E5 with dependents. Just stressin I guess. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
Junior Member
Cody222 is on a distinguished road
 
Cody222's Avatar
Law Enforcement:
Name: Cody
Joined: May 2011, #57011
Location: Myerstown PA
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7
Cody222's Tacoma Gallery
(1-888-442-4551). That is the number to the main gi bill contacts. I would start by calling that and asking them where you can find out about your payment. Says "
Be advised this line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM central time Monday - Friday and you may experience long hold times." Best of luck with it
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight6four_taco View Post
Long story short..... the VA rep at my school sucks, she has always referred me to the following toll free number (888.442.4551) if I have any questions regarding my Post 9/11 GI Bill. Hope this helps?
Got it. Thanks man.

I gotta say, even on a completely unrelated website, the veterans always show up in force to help their own. You guys rock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Brunes's Avatar
Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Joined: May 2008, #7011
Location: Big Easy, USA
Age: 30
Gender: Dude
Posts: 17,746
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
I'm hopin against hope right now man. My wife was out of work for two weeks with a fractured eye socket ( I wasn't even there ...don't get suspicious) so if this don't hit, we're screwed. I can't even find a number for Muskogee to call with questions, even though I know its a holiday weekend and all. God forbid they work on holidays ...like I am.
I'd also check your rental agreement....You usually get until the 5th or 10th to make the rent payment before you incur fees or anything.

And I know the feeling....Worked yesterday...Wife worked last night.
You know who else bugs me...The commissary folks. They are rarely open when I can go shop...That is 0 help to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
TACODACKS's Avatar
Army:
Name: Mike
Joined: Jan 2010, #29885
Location: The Streets of America
Gender: Male
Posts: 168
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'd also check your rental agreement....You usually get until the 5th or 10th to make the rent payment before you incur fees or anything.

And I know the feeling....Worked yesterday...Wife worked last night.
You know who else bugs me...The commissary folks. They are rarely open when I can go shop...That is 0 help to me.


The cashiers at the commissary really bother me some times. Not always, just sometimes. They act like they hold the magic power to check my ID card.
"Behold, I am the douche that Wal-Mart wouldn't hire, so I have power over those who serve!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Member
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Joined: May 2011, #57277
Location: Colorado, from CA, lived in TX, ID, and MT also.
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
That's funny TACODACKS!!! Never really liked commissary folks myself. And on an Army post the commissary usually blows anyways, I head to the Air Force commissary when I go to one.
My wife draws the Post 9/11 GI bill BAH, and one bummer to hit us was that our President passed a bill that changed the BAH pay schedule so that if you aren't in class for longer than half the month...you won't get paid for that month. So that would include Christmas break and such like that. Her VA rep at the school sucks too. Hope this isn't your case bud. Good luck with it all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad D View Post
That's funny TACODACKS!!! Never really liked commissary folks myself. And on an Army post the commissary usually blows anyways, I head to the Air Force commissary when I go to one.
My wife draws the Post 9/11 GI bill BAH, and one bummer to hit us was that our President passed a bill that changed the BAH pay schedule so that if you aren't in class for longer than half the month...you won't get paid for that month. So that would include Christmas break and such like that. Her VA rep at the school sucks too. Hope this isn't your case bud. Good luck with it all.
There are a lot of "fixes to fix the fix that fixed the error" bills going around congress right now. I'd say stay tuned and subscribe to the military.com mailing list. They send me good emails regularly with links to stories on all that kinda crap. The last I read they were fixing what you mentioned but they might be making it to where you no longer get the BAH for just taking one credit more than half time. They (congress, those awesome guys that just love us so much...) were considering a bill that would make it to where your exact BAH payment is determined by how many credits you actually take.

In other words, at my school, 12 credits is considered full time. If I take at least 7 credits worth of classes and have at least one class on campus, I get the full BAH. Under the proposal they have right now (it might already be a law I don't know) I would instead receive a prorated amount at about 70% of what I receive now.

I have had a very shitty 4 years of civilian life so far, financially at least, and I need every damn cent I can get right now. Its so nice to see independently wealthy congress people, the majority of whom have never served, deciding whether I really need all of the money they promised me when I was doing 11 years and 4 months of active duty ...all over the world, in a combat zone, losing a marriage, a best friend, and both of my parents and never complaining the whole damn time.

Maybe I'm just bitter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
Member
Quad D will become famous soon enough
Army: 4ID 1BCT, CET/PSD 2tours
Name: Quad
Joined: May 2011, #57277
Location: Colorado, from CA, lived in TX, ID, and MT also.
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
Quad D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
There are a lot of "fixes to fix the fix that fixed the error" bills going around congress right now. I'd say stay tuned and subscribe to the military.com mailing list. They send me good emails regularly with links to stories on all that kinda crap. The last I read they were fixing what you mentioned but they might be making it to where you no longer get the BAH for just taking one credit more than half time.
Thanks for the tip, I'll get on that mailing list as I too will be putting the GI bill to good use sooner than later. I have REALLY been considering going with the Montgomery GI Bill, at least I KNOW I get a set amount. And leave the wife drawing on the Post 9/11. We'll see which does better since I'll be working too. I wish all this was kept a bit clearer. I hate being in muddy waters and unsure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad D View Post
Thanks for the tip, I'll get on that mailing list as I too will be putting the GI bill to good use sooner than later. I have REALLY been considering going with the Montgomery GI Bill, at least I KNOW I get a set amount. And leave the wife drawing on the Post 9/11. We'll see which does better since I'll be working too. I wish all this was kept a bit clearer. I hate being in muddy waters and unsure.
Yep, its law ...dammit

...which means next semester, to get my full BAH I have to take 12 credits worth of classes and still work a full time job. Un-fucking-believable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
Senior Member
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
nelson18matt's Avatar
Air Force: Ex-Cone
Joined: Mar 2009, #14939
Location: Arizona
Age: 29
Gender: Dude
Posts: 13,703
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
the school you are enrolled in has to certify your enrollment and attendance every few months, and that allows for your BAH payment

about 6 months ago my school dropped the ball and didnt recertify me so i didnt get my BAH payment... they blammed the VA. after about a week they realized that it was their fault and told me the F'd up.

they re-certified my enrollment but told me it takes the VA about a month to process it... so i didn't get my BAH payments for almost 2 months.

in the end the VA paid me all my back pay, but i was draining my savings account like a mo fo. that sucked.

i hope this isnt the situation you are in, but you might want to look into it if you dont get your BAH by tuesday.

good luck man
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #16
Senior Member
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
nelson18matt's Avatar
Air Force: Ex-Cone
Joined: Mar 2009, #14939
Location: Arizona
Age: 29
Gender: Dude
Posts: 13,703
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
Yep, its law ...dammit

...which means next semester, to get my full BAH I have to take 12 credits worth of classes and still work a full time job. Un-fucking-believable.
yup, i work full time and take 16 credits a quarter at my school

i'm trying to get this shti done ASAFP because i hate school

the career path i want to take requires me to have a Bach deg so i gotta play the game
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #17
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
the school you are enrolled in has to certify your enrollment and attendance every few months, and that allows for your BAH payment

about 6 months ago my school dropped the ball and didnt recertify me so i didnt get my BAH payment... they blammed the VA. after about a week they realized that it was their fault and told me the F'd up.

they re-certified my enrollment but told me it takes the VA about a month to process it... so i didn't get my BAH payments for almost 2 months.

in the end the VA paid me all my back pay, but i was draining my savings account like a mo fo. that sucked.

i hope this isnt the situation you are in, but you might want to look into it if you dont get your BAH by tuesday.

good luck man
Ok that scenario scares the shit outta me. My savings has been gone for years now. My CC has been maxed out for over a year. If I don't get anything by the 3rd I'm gonna be homeless. I can't imagine it would have anything to do with my school though. I haven't had any problems with them except for the fact that VA rep is constantly changing and I never know who to call. The semester just ended on the 27th. Took my last final on the 25th. Don't see how it could be an enrollment problem.

Hmmmmmmm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #18
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yup, i work full time and take 16 credits a quarter at my school

i'm trying to get this shti done ASAFP because i hate school

the career path i want to take requires me to have a Bach deg so i gotta play the game
Well the career I'm trying to get into is filled with overpaid people who never spent a day in college. I could give a damn about getting a degree for now. If I found a better paying job in something IT related tomorrow I'd be out the door here. Jason knows that. If I could make the kinda money in this industry that IT guys make I'd gladly stay here.

Time and time again I've heard people say that companies are nixing the high paid guys and hiring in new people like me that are willing to train and work for like, $40K a year. I WOULD GLADLY DO THIS. $40K a year for me would be like winning the lottery at this point.

'Cept that seems to be a myth. Coz those jobs just ain't showin up on my radar.

Good luck to you as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #19
Senior Member
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold
 
DevilDogTacoma's Avatar
Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
Joined: May 2011, #56525
Location: Maryland
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 377
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did you go onto the GI Bill's website, onto WAVE an certify your enrollment? When I was in college, I had to certify my enrollment in college on the website on the first of every month and then I would get paid the GI Bill money a few days later. It's basically just telling the VA every month "yes I was still in school."

Semper Fidelis brother, good luck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
Senior Member
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JCfromDEMELLO's Avatar
Marines: I was a mechanic
Joined: Feb 2010, #30593
Location: SoCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post
Did you go onto the GI Bill's website, onto WAVE an certify your enrollment? When I was in college, I had to certify my enrollment in college on the website on the first of every month and then I would get paid the GI Bill money a few days later. It's basically just telling the VA every month "yes I was still in school."

Semper Fidelis brother, good luck.
The wave thing is for ch. 30 Montgomery GI Bill only. My enrollment gets certified by the school and I get an email and a letter saying they got it.

I am SOOOO hoping this is all just because of the holiday or some unlucky VA employee is going to get an awful phone call tomorrow.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Elephant Hill>Bill Moore Lake 9.10.11 NYCO Off-Roading & Trails 27 09-14-2011 05:46 PM
Post 9/11 GI Bill bwood_usmc Military 3 08-16-2011 11:56 PM
New York Adavances Micro-Stamping Bill – Help Block This Bad Bill Packman73 Guns & Hunting 3 01-06-2011 07:05 PM
Question about G.I. bill Bearskill Military 16 10-28-2009 05:04 PM
New GI bill beastlytaco Military 20 08-02-2009 09:00 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.