Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Eugene, Oregon and the Pledge of Allegiance

Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #21
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
You don't think it is newsworthy when an elected official compares the Pledge of Allegiance to the Communist Manifesto and another says that it is divisive?

It might not be in the part of the Country where you are but I assure you it is in most of the others.
I think it is a stupid thing to have said, but no, not newsworthy. I dont worry about comments made by polititans over local meeting details, did they pass any laws that day, did they waste tax money talking about this? I assume they are not communists and that they dont hate thier country, and they have the right to free speech, again the only thing this does is make you not want to move to Eugene.

Make sure you and your kids keep saying it, and understand the meaning and it will still be around, it isnt going away and these people dont represent a trend.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #22
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
I think it is a stupid thing to have said, but no, not newsworthy. I dont worry about comments made by polititans over local meeting details, did they pass any laws that day, did they waste tax money talking about this? I assume they are not communists and that they dont hate thier country, and they have the right to free speech, again the only thing this does is make you not want to move to Eugene.

Make sure you and your kids keep saying it, and understand the meaning and it will still be around, it isnt going away and these people dont represent a trend.
What I can not understand is the political environment in Eugene that elected officials can openly say this without any fear of losing their seats? I'm sure that out there somewhere there are politicians that feel the same way but it would be political suicide to say it openly.

You are right, Eugene can do what they please. I don't live there and have no vote there but it is really hard for me to understand people that would compare the Pledge of Allegiance to the Communist Manifesto. It really offends me.

I spent years in Europe during the Cold War helping to keep Communism from spreading to Western Europe and the United States. The threat from the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact was real and was no joke.

I would like for her to visit Berlin and go to the museum where Checkpoint Charlie used to be and see the length that people went to in an attempt to escape the oppression of communism.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
Damaged Goods
ag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shedag4892 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ag4892's Tacoma Gallery
Some people will always open their mouth without putting thier brain in gear, Polititcos seem to have this down to an art.

And thank you for your service to our country.