1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eugene, Oregon and the Pledge of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Military' started by cakmakli, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    I think it is a stupid thing to have said, but no, not newsworthy. I dont worry about comments made by polititans over local meeting details, did they pass any laws that day, did they waste tax money talking about this? I assume they are not communists and that they dont hate thier country, and they have the right to free speech, again the only thing this does is make you not want to move to Eugene.

Make sure you and your kids keep saying it, and understand the meaning and it will still be around, it isnt going away and these people dont represent a trend.

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    cakmakli

cakmakli [OP] Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    What I can not understand is the political environment in Eugene that elected officials can openly say this without any fear of losing their seats? I'm sure that out there somewhere there are politicians that feel the same way but it would be political suicide to say it openly.

You are right, Eugene can do what they please. I don't live there and have no vote there but it is really hard for me to understand people that would compare the Pledge of Allegiance to the Communist Manifesto. It really offends me.

I spent years in Europe during the Cold War helping to keep Communism from spreading to Western Europe and the United States. The threat from the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact was real and was no joke.

I would like for her to visit Berlin and go to the museum where Checkpoint Charlie used to be and see the length that people went to in an attempt to escape the oppression of communism.

3. Sep 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Some people will always open their mouth without putting thier brain in gear, Polititcos seem to have this down to an art.

And thank you for your service to our country.

Products Discussed in

To Top