1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 weeks of field training

Discussion in 'Military' started by derekp, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jul 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    derekp

derekp [OP] giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    Hey folks, I just returned from 3 weeks of Jt training. We were training 1st yr and 4th yr medical students from USUHS. Jt training headed up by Army leadership so it was a lot of WTF and wait here. Anyway, the training culminates in a MASCAL exercise (2 in one night, 2 platoons then 2 more). We run 2 platoons through, then wait around 2 hours for the next 2 platoons to roll in. During that time, we touch up the moulage and talk about the highs/lows of the previous MASCAL. After all that was done, we still had around an hour or more. This batch of students had a pretty good attitude. During the downtime, they were listening to music and whatnot. I mentioned playing the music through my PA system (usually used for gunfire/explosions/etc during the exercise) and someone else mentioned seeing everyone else in moulage dance around, prehaps to Thriller. I asked the Col (0-6) if we could do this, he was apprehensive about it until I mentioned the students doing the Thriller dance in moulage. He laughed and said I had 10 minutes. The students, young officers mind you, rehearsed for around 5 minutes and then performed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTGFlEF9X4

Thought ya'll would get a laugh.

Products Discussed in

To Top