Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

3 weeks of field training

Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
3 weeks of field training

Hey folks, I just returned from 3 weeks of Jt training. We were training 1st yr and 4th yr medical students from USUHS. Jt training headed up by Army leadership so it was a lot of WTF and wait here. Anyway, the training culminates in a MASCAL exercise (2 in one night, 2 platoons then 2 more). We run 2 platoons through, then wait around 2 hours for the next 2 platoons to roll in. During that time, we touch up the moulage and talk about the highs/lows of the previous MASCAL. After all that was done, we still had around an hour or more. This batch of students had a pretty good attitude. During the downtime, they were listening to music and whatnot. I mentioned playing the music through my PA system (usually used for gunfire/explosions/etc during the exercise) and someone else mentioned seeing everyone else in moulage dance around, prehaps to Thriller. I asked the Col (0-6) if we could do this, he was apprehensive about it until I mentioned the students doing the Thriller dance in moulage. He laughed and said I had 10 minutes. The students, young officers mind you, rehearsed for around 5 minutes and then performed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSTGFlEF9X4

Thought ya'll would get a laugh.