LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

guess what i got today?

Old 08-16-2011, 03:35 AM   #21
SoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really niceSoftShellTaco is just really nice

Air Force: Tactical Aircraft Maintainer
Name: Justin
SoftShellTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiget View Post
Congrats! In the Navy we have a tradition of "tacking" chevrons on to newly promoted E4's. Does the Air Force do the same thing?
I know us flightline guys do it for all ranks but when it gets to TSgt only ranks above you "tack" you on.

OP welcome to the best rank in the Air Force buddy! It's so good I took my SrA recert this year....missed SSgt by 0.6 Damn you time in grade!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:10 AM   #22
dexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on getting SrA. Still get paid crap. Now comes testing for SSgt.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #25
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
congrats!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #26
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I remember the day I made E-4....good stuff!! Now just gotta make it to E-7! lol!
Gotta make me feel bad, huh? Lol
Old 08-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #27
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #28
Retired?
gatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud ofgatlin69 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired
Name: Scott
gatlin69's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats...study hard, you can make E-5.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #30
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man
Old 08-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #32
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your promotion!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #33
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
Gotta make me feel bad, huh? Lol
Not at all! I pinned on E-4 and it stuck for 2.5 years then I got out...ya'll are makin me feel bad for getting out lol!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #34
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, and keep it movin!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #35
Westdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Frankie
Westdog976's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not at all! I pinned on E-4 and it stuck for 2.5 years then I got out...ya'll are makin me feel bad for getting out lol!
Joining was the best decision I ever made in my life... until I decided to get out!!

Military was a great career move, but it doesn't have to be the final step in your career. Tons of opportunities out there, recession or not.

Plus, I still serve my country... in Afghan as we speak!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #36
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The first few weeks after getting out were the worst. Now I've started college and I have a great part time job while using the Post 9/11 Bill. Hopefully I can do what I wanted to when I had planned the whole getting out scenario...become a civilian police officer, that's what the college classes are for.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #37
Westdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Frankie
Westdog976's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The first few weeks after getting out were the worst. Now I've started college and I have a great part time job while using the Post 9/11 Bill. Hopefully I can do what I wanted to when I had planned the whole getting out scenario...become a civilian police officer, that's what the college classes are for.
Yeah, I was definitely stressing at first when I was half way done with my terminal leave and still hadn't gotten a call back from anywhere I applied to. Then, out of nowhere, I got a call back from three companies on the same day! The tables were turned and I had my pick of the litter; went with the lowest paying job because it required the least amount of work, which leaves more time for school!

Now I do about a tenth of the work I did when I was in the military, make more, and have way more freedom. Not trying to brag, but I just want those who feel they can make it on their own to know that there are other options. I almost stayed in because of all the people who told me I couldn’t hack it in the ‘real’ world with the recession and all… so glad I didn’t listen.

Enjoy it while you’re in, though! BEST TIME OF MY LIFE! Met some of the coolest people I know in the military! Thanks for what you guys do!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #38
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everybody
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #39
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations! Hey, nice truck too Bro-
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #40
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
congrats!