Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Old 08-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Post 9/11 GI Bill

Ive been going to school for a year or so now using my Post 9/11 GI bill. Never really had any problems or complaints until now. Classes started two days ago and my tuition still has not been paid. I have yet to receive my allowance for books. Come to find out my school has not certified my hours for the semester and are not going to do so until next week after the drop/add date(they decided to change this policy this semester hence the fact I have never had issues with it before). Well that really puts me in a financial bind because I will not be receiving my BAH on time either. My question is... When does your school certify your hours?? When you enroll? After classes start? I have been going round and round with the school all day today explaining how they are screwing over every veteran that I go to school with. If anyone might have some advice it would be much appreciated! I am pretty pissed off about the whole situation to say the least.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I usually get certified the day after I submit the paperwork.
So your saying well before classes start correct??
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
my school certified mine after I enrolled and paid...but I was under the 1606 rules...

It looks like the school is holding off until the add/drop do deal with possible add/drop paperwork headaches of a high number of people.

The Post 9/11 program as a whole has/is going through a huge change so i'd expect some delays.

I don't think a week will really give you much problems eh? they'll still credit you from the day classes started.