1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Post 9/11 GI Bill

Discussion in 'Military' started by bwood_usmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Aug 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    bwood_usmc

bwood_usmc [OP] Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Clayton Ga / Clemson SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Off Road package
    3" Trux Lift, 285-75-R16 BFG All Terrains, K&N Cold Air Intake
    Ive been going to school for a year or so now using my Post 9/11 GI bill. Never really had any problems or complaints until now. Classes started two days ago and my tuition still has not been paid. I have yet to receive my allowance for books. Come to find out my school has not certified my hours for the semester and are not going to do so until next week after the drop/add date(they decided to change this policy this semester hence the fact I have never had issues with it before). Well that really puts me in a financial bind because I will not be receiving my BAH on time either. My question is... When does your school certify your hours?? When you enroll? After classes start? I have been going round and round with the school all day today explaining how they are screwing over every veteran that I go to school with. If anyone might have some advice it would be much appreciated! I am pretty pissed off about the whole situation to say the least.:mad:

2. Aug 16, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    bwood_usmc

bwood_usmc [OP] Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Clayton Ga / Clemson SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Off Road package
    3" Trux Lift, 285-75-R16 BFG All Terrains, K&N Cold Air Intake
    So your saying well before classes start correct??

3. Aug 16, 2011 at 10:56 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    my school certified mine after I enrolled and paid...but I was under the 1606 rules...

It looks like the school is holding off until the add/drop do deal with possible add/drop paperwork headaches of a high number of people.

The Post 9/11 program as a whole has/is going through a huge change so i'd expect some delays.

I don't think a week will really give you much problems eh? they'll still credit you from the day classes started.

Products Discussed in

To Top