Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

CAC reader

Old 08-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
sAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud of

Air Force: 19 EMXS/MXMG
sAm I aM's Tacoma Gallery
CAC reader

Anyone out there have any experience setting up their CAC reader for home use? I had it working but installed Windows 7 today and did all my updates. Now I get either IE cannot display the webpage or CA certificates error. I started from scratch with the downloads from the portal that I saved to disk before the update. I have a cherry card reader and have all the software up to date. Its definetly reading my card as I can click on the activclient and it shows my certs but just won't let me log in. ??? I'm stumped.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
open the activclient, then go to tools, advanced, then 'make certificates available to windows'. try that and report back.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
^^ What he said.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Double check that nobody blue falconed you and put some clear tape on your chip.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Double check that nobody blue falconed you and put some clear tape on your chip.
lulz....seen that one. we took a guys card one day and submerged it in a cup of water and froze it. good times.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
it's bee some time since i've heard the BF word
Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
sAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud ofsAm I aM has much to be proud of

Made certificates available to windows and still receive the IE cannot display the webpage. This is driving me nuts. Its got to be something so simple. All certificates are installed and CAC reader is working. I'm wondering if its something with IE9 or any of the updates that I installed. ???
Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAm I aM View Post
Made certificates available to windows and still receive the IE cannot display the webpage. This is driving me nuts. Its got to be something so simple. All certificates are installed and CAC reader is working. I'm wondering if its something with IE9 or any of the updates that I installed. ???
possible IE9...dunno for sure. download firefox and try again.

EDIT: did you completely close out all broswers after previously trying?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
You upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit OS? Esnure you're using the correct version of Activeclient designed for 64 bit systems.

Did you recently get a new CAC? You'd need to re register that CAC. I'm really not even too familiar with what the AF uses, but Im guessing it's similiar to what the Army uses: Army Knowledge Online.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #10

Yes I keep closing all browsers and clearing ssl state. Let me try firefox and I'll update in a bit.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #11
Man, Myth, Legend

bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
You may also need to re install the DOD certs on your computer, if you haven't already.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #12

Just upgraded to windows 7 32 bit. Reinstalled all the DOD certificates but still no luck. Haven't had any luck with firefox either but I'm getting sleepy and this is getting old. Think its time for a break and will reattack tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #13

It took me a few days but I finally figured it out. If anyone else has the ca not recognized or any other problems follow the link. http://militarycac.com/airforce.htm The ca not recognized pdf at the bottom and page 14 of the pdf solved my problem. Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
militarycac.com is awesome.

I can use my CAC on my Mac because of them.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
Tahoemx is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ceremonial Guardsman, USAF Honor Guard
Tahoemx's Tacoma Gallery
I hate CACs, i have the worst luck with them...Just checking my email is a chore, forget trying to login into the portal
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoemx View Post
I hate CACs, i have the worst luck with them...Just checking my email is a chore, forget trying to login into the portal
no issue here...i had 3 at one point. contractor, ANG, and admin CACs.