Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Watching Hurt Locker

Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Have been their what?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Oscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedOscarbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: E4 0311
Name: Bob
Oscarbob's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was a poor representation. I'm not EOD, just infantry but FFS that movie sucks.

EDIT: Yeah sure it got critical acclaim from those who never served. But among Veterans, the general consensus was that it was inaccurate.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
my brother said they would never ever allow 1 vehicle to go out by themselves... so he hated the movie. and he said the only ones he trusted were the dead ones
Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not military but it seems to me if a soldier took unnecessary risks, disobeyed orders and put his team at risk like the main character did. He would be put on permanent latrine duty. I hated the movie but the hollywood lefties loved it. Academy Award......Really?
Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
it beat Avatar, so i love it! lol. . . but seriously, i own the dvd. i thought it was a great "movie". by saying that, im not insinuating accurate to reality, just a well spent 2hrs.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
it beat Avatar, so i love it! lol. . . but seriously, i own the dvd. i thought it was a great "movie". by saying that, im not insinuating accurate to reality, just a well spent 2hrs.
This is what I thought/felt. Good entertainment, well sort of considering the subject matter.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it wasnt bad for a shoot-em-up/watch-it-go-boom kinda movie
Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
great movie imo
Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
semperfatal is on a distinguished road
Marines: EOD
semperfatal's Tacoma Gallery
As an active duty EOD Tech I cringe at the thought of that movie. For example, the scene where he pulls out 5 155mm arty shells with det cord, each shell is about 100 lbs in real life. No tech is that reckless, at least none that have been in long enough to see where that gets you.

As far as purely entertainment value I give it a 7.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #14
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
worst war movie of all time. not even close to what anyone does on deployment
Old 08-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #15
11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Matt
11BSSG's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, good movie for entertainment, but not accurate. No disrespect for EOD Techs, but this move made them out to be Uber Soldiers, like they do it ALL. We all have a place and we all have a job. Going outside the wire with ONE vehicle and clearing a building as an EOD tech while the Infantry waves a flag and cowers in a corner is pretty far from accurate. He was reckless and a piss poor leader, he had absolutely no respect for his soldiers. -Sources: I've spent my time in a combat zone or two....as an Infantryman, and worked closely with EOD, amongst a few other specialties.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #16
jobrec is on a distinguished road

Army: Wheeled vehicle mechanic, 820th signal company
Name: Joshua
jobrec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BSSG View Post
Yea, good movie for entertainment, but not accurate. No disrespect for EOD Techs, but this move made them out to be Uber Soldiers, like they do it ALL. We all have a place and we all have a job. Going outside the wire with ONE vehicle and clearing a building as an EOD tech while the Infantry waves a flag and cowers in a corner is pretty far from accurate. He was reckless and a piss poor leader, he had absolutely no respect for his soldiers. -Sources: I've spent my time in a combat zone or two....as an Infantryman, and worked closely with EOD, amongst a few other specialties.
Yeah, my DS in basic was EOD and he absolutely hated the movie, he would drop the whole platoon if he heard anyone mention it.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #17
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
There is a term in film making called "suspension of disbelief" Good films are careful to preserve this for its audiences. Hurt Locker fails miserably. I give it a 3 out of 10.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #18
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Two plus tour's in RVN on the PBR's I trusted the men on our boats are they were gone before dust hit the footlocker. The movie was Hollywood spin for the most part.Every now and then the JG would send out one boat to a bad place over night as a LP (WE CALLED IT BAIT) no one got any z's that night. I liked the boat shots in Apocalypse now but it too was movie spin for the most part, I think the best movie on RVN was Platoon but not being Army I do not know much about the grunt life... I do know one thing every vet. I meet is a honer to me, from the 90yo WW2 men to my pal's grandson just home from the USMC 2-8 ECHO. Always stick out my hand and say THANK YOU for your time.... Jim
Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #19
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
As far as just being a war movie I thought it was very entertaining. I liked the end where Sgt. James is home and can't decide which cereal to get.