LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Spent 8 years in the Navy as a Electrician and no ones hiring WTF

Old 09-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Spent 8 years in the Navy as a Electrician and no ones hiring WTF

Anyone else get out recently and find out no one gives two sh*ts about your military career? I have a BS in Aeronautical Science and now I'm stuck at a community college bored and looking for work. WTF happened with America?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Anyone else get out recently and find out no one gives two sh*ts about your military career? I have a BS in Aeronautical Science and now I'm stuck and a community college bored and looking for work. WTF happened with America?
I dont have the credentials you have but, I did 4 years in the infantry... (usmc) of course, I get out trying to get a job as a private contractor in Afghanistan or Iraq whichever comes first, and even they wont hire because I dont have security as a certification...WTF!!!!!. I could have sworn when I went to Iraq twice that I did security everyday while on post. Civvy's dont give two fucks about your service.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DUDE i hear ya man... I got a security clearance too bro... Only job I can find is $9.50 an hr at UPS WTF??? Thats half of what unemployment pays
Old 09-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow. that's scary considering i'm getting out in 5 months.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 AM   #5
Yeah an AC will be in the same boat unless you have your FAA certs
Old 09-12-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
That really sucks guys. You guys should have first dip on any jobs over us. Not sure if it's true or not but I heard you guys can get an LEO job before anyone else.if true,maybe that's an option?????the whole job market every where is really bad. Good luck with the job search.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:02 AM   #7
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
I've had good experience with getting jobs since i got out , at least in the IT field, being prior military and having prior military experience helps a ton , but it depends on where you want to live, most jobs that involve a clearance are around major military installations
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
This really does suck. Hope you guys find something soon.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #9
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not looking to get into the AC field. i'm more interested in firefighting and EMT field. i'm also going to look into get my CDL. we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #10
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailerc View Post
I've had good experience with getting jobs since i got out , at least in the IT field, being prior military and having prior military experience helps a ton , but it depends on where you want to live, most jobs that involve a clearance are around major military installations
Same here....being a vet helped companies pick me over other people twice in my life. But as far as finding a civilian related job that paired up with the military job....no luck for me.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 AM   #11
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
I dont have the credentials you have but, I did 4 years in the infantry... (usmc) of course, I get out trying to get a job as a private contractor in Afghanistan or Iraq whichever comes first, and even they wont hire because I dont have security as a certification...WTF!!!!!. I could have sworn when I went to Iraq twice that I did security everyday while on post. Civvy's dont give two fucks about your service.

Some MOSs like Intel require a security clearance(from what I hear when I was in), some 2011s (armorers) and some other jobs. I think the MSG need that too, not to sure though.

I don't think they meant security as in standing guard, I'm not bashing you man, just stating the difference. I really couldn't say what goes into getting a security clearance though.

Edit: and yea some civilians are nasty little fucks! I've been working on group projects in school, and most of these students do not know how to prioritize their school work. Procrastination seems to be in . I can only imagine what those people would do like in the real world. No initiative!

Noted I said some! ^^^

Most of the time (in school) I find it easier to get along with prior servive members or older people who have more experience. That includes members of the opposite sex.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #12
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
Thats very messed up, people who served in any branch of the military should have a better chance at being hired
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 AM   #13
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07NavyTaco View Post
i'm not looking to get into the AC field. i'm more interested in firefighting and EMT field. i'm also going to look into get my CDL. we'll see how it goes.

thats probably one of the toughest careers to get into, 500,000,000 people who are qualified to do it, and 3 job openings. best of luck to ya man.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Some MOSs like Intel require a security clearance(from what I hear when I was in), some 2011s (armorers) and some other jobs. I think the MSG need that too, not to sure though.

I don't think they meant security as in standing guard, I'm not bashing you man, just stating the difference. I really couldn't say what goes into getting a security clearance though.

Edit: and yea some civilians are nasty little fucks! I've been working on group projects in school, and most of these students do not know how to prioritize their school work. Procrastination seems to be in . I can only imagine what those people would do like in the real world. No initiative!

Noted I said some! ^^^

Most of the time (in school) I find it easier to get along with prior servive members or older people who have more experience. That includes members of the opposite sex.
Cougars are fun They stalk the halls of my little community college I go to
Old 09-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #15
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
collect your GI bill and retrain... I guess

or you can move out to another city
Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
collect your GI bill and retrain... I guess

or you can move out to another city
All over that already
Old 09-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Find a defense plant that is hiring and you won't have much trouble getting a job!! I happen to work at one and veterans always get jobs here!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
what is a defense plant?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #19
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that. May want to look at job opportunities in another locale. I'm sure you dont want to leave your state, but Texas is hiring! Very good job market down here.

You can look at your immediate surrounding states too.

Best of luck. Hate hearing about vets out of work, let alone anyone for that matter (if they really want a job). I hope you get to put your skills to work soon!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked up in Seattle at Boeing?

They hire lots of vets and with the 787 and Navy Refuel projects coming on-line I would think they would want electricians/engineers.

Although, with the design phase completed, they are probably looking for line workers primarily.