Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

What helped you make it through BCT?

Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
What helped you make it through BCT?

I've enlisted back in april for the US Army. I'll be a Stryker Systems Maintainer (91S). As of today I have 34 days until I ship. When I get to BCT what helped you make it through BCT?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you enjoy the motor pool. Run, push-ups, and sit-ups. Leave anything that is on the do not bring list. Listen and pay attention to the drills and you will be fine. If you have the opportunity to be in a position of responsibility take it and shine. If the drills are gonna know your name make sure it is because you are a stud and not a dud. Good luck
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
duck, blend, dont volunteer for SHIT, hope they NEVER know ur name, run, run, run........quite smoking and drinking caffiene.

Buy the best running shoes you can afford and have a gait analysis done NOW before u ship off to get the correct shoes.
^^^^^^^^^^^

start running!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can run two miles in 12:13, i did 63 pushups in 2 minutes and 59 situps in 2 minutes. I bought me a set of asics rush33's for running and my time went down compared to when i ran with my worn out new balances. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
duck, blend, dont volunteer for SHIT, hope they NEVER know ur name.
Yup...this guy has it down pat....keep the mouth shut, do what you're told & try to line up in the middle of everyone at formations/lines. You don't want to be first & definetly don't be last in anything! Be the average guy that nobody knows & it'll be smooth sailing.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #6

well guys I'm two days out from shipping to basic. once again thanks for all of the advice yall shared with me.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
well guys I'm two days out from shipping to basic. once again thanks for all of the advice yall shared with me.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck!

Fink
Old 11-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Just don't quit. You aren't doing anything that thousands haven't done before you. And when you start to feel sorry for yourself and think you are having it tough, remember that there is always someone somewhere who is having it a whole lot worse.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
The one thing that helped me the most at OCS was to find the small things to enjoy. For example, the best part of my day was the 4 minutes after chow when I got to stand in formation and just watch the sun come up over the horizon with nothing going on and nobody yelling at me. I also found it helpful to find one funny thing every day and right before you crash at night look back at it and chuckle just a little bit.

Just take the day from meal to meal and one at a time. dont sweat the small stuff and keep your head down with the eye on your prize. Dont take anything personally, especially any comments directed at you. It is the instructors job. And finally, enjoy it. you get to do some cool shit
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #13
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck man and try to keep focused while there!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #14
Olson will become famous soon enough

Navy: Builder 3rd Class Petty Officer, Just transfered from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 5 to 3
Name: Eric
Olson's Tacoma Gallery
hey good luck... after basic you will get deployed to afghanistan and look back and be like that was a joke. lol. your worrying about nothing at all. you will be fine. what ive learned is this "Dont give anyone a reason to mess with you!"
Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #15

Thanks for the best wishes guys... and chick. I'm ready to get on that bus so I can finally get somewhere with my life. see yall at christmas time, I'll be on leave hopefully.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
ArMarine04 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Alan
ArMarine04's Tacoma Gallery
Just be all you can be.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #17

hey guys just chiming in since I'm on leave for cheistmas. Basic Combat training is too easy. qualified sharpshooter with a 35 (the M16 jammed on my last three targets so I should have gotten expert. ) PT is a breeze also. the biggest let down was the gas chamber. hahaha
Old 12-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #18
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
hey guys just chiming in since I'm on leave for cheistmas. Basic Combat training is too easy. qualified sharpshooter with a 35 (the M16 jammed on my last three targets so I should have gotten expert. ) PT is a breeze also. the biggest let down was the gas chamber. hahaha
I'm glad it is going well for you.

And I think it is cool that you came back and gave an update.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
I'm glad it is going well for you.

And I think it is cool that you came back and gave an update.
I love the life style so far and I figured that I leave alittle update for any members here that are thinking about joining the army
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #20
IdahoNomad is on a distinguished road
Army: Psychological Operations
Name: Sean
IdahoNomad's Tacoma Gallery
I just got out of the Army after 5 years active duty. Glad you're having an easy time in Basic. The hardest part for me was getting so frustrated at the stupid things people did to get everyone in trouble. Anyways if you have any questions about AIT or your new unit/deployments whatever, don't be afraid to ask.
-IdahoNomad