1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coast Guard Auxiliary?

Discussion in 'Military' started by derosenlund, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Oct 24, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    derosenlund

derosenlund [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 sport 4x4
    Any body in the Coast Guard care to comment on their relationship with the CG Aux? Pros / Cons?

2. Oct 25, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    1977 to 1980 I was stationed at Boating Safety Detachment 14 out of Base Honolulu. All of my dealings with the Auxiliary were positive. One guy was a retired B-52 pilot, him & his wife kept us well fed. Another Auxiliary member I met was Bob Van der Stok. He was one of the men that got away during The Great Escape. Most of the Auxiliary members I met were retired, owned a boat, liked wearing a uniform and just wanted to help out.

3. Oct 25, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    COAST GUARD AUX ROCK!! I'm the Auxiliary Liason for the Air Station in New Orleans...I manage all of the Aviation side Aux support for the New Orleans and Mobile Coastal area and the majority of the Mississippi River.
    These guys are great- Volunteering their time and skills to help us execute a mission in an area we have a difficult time getting to (It takes us two days of flying to get to some of the areas these guys live in...)

We also work with the surface side Aux to get boat hoist training-And those guys are great too. Always there to help us get done what we need.

It can be an interesting crowd- Lots of loud personalities and what not..but it's that way with any group.

Products Discussed in

To Top