Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Coast Guard Auxiliary?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
derosenlund is on a distinguished road
derosenlund's Tacoma Gallery
Coast Guard Auxiliary?

Any body in the Coast Guard care to comment on their relationship with the CG Aux? Pros / Cons?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
1977 to 1980 I was stationed at Boating Safety Detachment 14 out of Base Honolulu. All of my dealings with the Auxiliary were positive. One guy was a retired B-52 pilot, him & his wife kept us well fed. Another Auxiliary member I met was Bob Van der Stok. He was one of the men that got away during The Great Escape. Most of the Auxiliary members I met were retired, owned a boat, liked wearing a uniform and just wanted to help out.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
COAST GUARD AUX ROCK!! I'm the Auxiliary Liason for the Air Station in New Orleans...I manage all of the Aviation side Aux support for the New Orleans and Mobile Coastal area and the majority of the Mississippi River.
These guys are great- Volunteering their time and skills to help us execute a mission in an area we have a difficult time getting to (It takes us two days of flying to get to some of the areas these guys live in...)

We also work with the surface side Aux to get boat hoist training-And those guys are great too. Always there to help us get done what we need.

It can be an interesting crowd- Lots of loud personalities and what not..but it's that way with any group.