Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Deployed members thread

Old 10-31-2011, 03:15 AM   #21
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
I kuwait at the moment, not bad at all. Iraq in 07-09 and was alot worse.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Just got back from the shit hole formerly known as Afghanistan..

I was there as a contractor...but did not spend my nights on base.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #23
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a phone call about having to go back, SOON... I have made it through Iraq once in the military, once as a civilian, and one in Afghanistan as military, and once as a civilian and I thought I was done with that shit.

Technically I have to say yes for them to send me. The shit thing is I have a special skill set that would take up to a year to train the next person on and that assumes they would come in with the same background as I have (which is unlikely). If I say no they would have to keep me around long enough to at least get someone else proficient in what I do but would ultimately be the demise of my career right when I was supposed to be transfering business units so I wouldnt have to do this anymore.

I have missed 14 out of the last 15 christmases at home. I was excited about this one. I just started seeing a new girl, shit was looking up with a somewhat stable life coming along and now this shit.

Part of me says yes go because there is no one else to do my job and no one else I know of can do it better. The other part says NO because I have paid my dues and so far to date come back with all of my fingers and toes and I cant keep pushing my luck. I am not allowed to be armed but at the same time I do leave the gate but must rely on the military/private security for my safety which I HATE.

FUCK.... Which way do I go???
Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
Coastie in n dakota? Y is that?

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Red River flooding. Last year it was a big deal with the runoff and heavy rains. I'm sure they will have us on alert for it.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Just got a phone call about having to go back, SOON... I have made it through Iraq once in the military, once as a civilian, and one in Afghanistan as military, and once as a civilian and I thought I was done with that shit.

Technically I have to say yes for them to send me. The shit thing is I have a special skill set that would take up to a year to train the next person on and that assumes they would come in with the same background as I have (which is unlikely). If I say no they would have to keep me around long enough to at least get someone else proficient in what I do but would ultimately be the demise of my career right when I was supposed to be transfering business units so I wouldnt have to do this anymore.

I have missed 14 out of the last 15 christmases at home. I was excited about this one. I just started seeing a new girl, shit was looking up with a somewhat stable life coming along and now this shit.

Part of me says yes go because there is no one else to do my job and no one else I know of can do it better. The other part says NO because I have paid my dues and so far to date come back with all of my fingers and toes and I cant keep pushing my luck. I am not allowed to be armed but at the same time I do leave the gate but must rely on the military/private security for my safety which I HATE.

FUCK.... Which way do I go???
I've been following your other thread. What a shitty feeling. If you're retired you should have no problem staying a float (no pun) for a while. Especially since it sounds like you have a very particular skillset which equals more money. Good luck to you in this big decision.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #26
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I've been following your other thread. What a shitty feeling. If you're retired you should have no problem staying a float (no pun) for a while. Especially since it sounds like you have a very particular skillset which equals more money. Good luck to you in this big decision.
Thanks... In reality I am just venting, I know I will end up going although with stipulations and conditions this time. It just set me off because I am actually not even in the US right now. I am stuck over in the UK bored off my ass waiting to come home at the end of the week when this job is over and to get that phone call from a voice I hadnt heard from or thought of in almost 2 years and and never really expected to again and it wasnt a friendly hello or anything like that his first comment was "Do you have a minute, are you busy?" which instantly put me on edge because I knew what was coming.

If I was home to go vent to friends, my dog, go riding, play in my truck, anything it would be better than being stuck in Falmouth (which is in the middle of NO WHERE) with nothing to do but go drink. Unfortunatly TW is my only outlet at the moment unless I want to go drink which I dont want to right now.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of pints with a few blokes might take the edge off.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #28
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Red River flooding. Last year it was a big deal with the runoff and heavy rains. I'm sure they will have us on alert for it.
Since the 2009 flood season they have deployed 2 or 3 assets in the area. I spent about 3 weeks based out of Fargo International (and working out at NDSU) and then about a week and a half based in Paducah, Kentucky (The Quilt Capital of the USA in case you were wondering).

We will likely be back up there this coming spring. I'd rather go on the boat deployment tho.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
SteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud ofSteveO86 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'll revive this old tread! First of all, thanks to all of you who have, and are still serving! I am leaving shortly to spend 6 months in Afghanistan. Using the time to study for promotion, work out, and save money to buy a 2013 Taco when I get back! I've been in for 7 years, and this is my first deployment. I guess I picked the wrong AFSC to deploy. Anyway, griping aside, I have a friend who deployed to "Tampa-stan" and another who is Guam right now... How do they consider these deployments?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #30
greenmachine012 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Cpl, Gco 2nd Bn 8th Mar
Name: Joseph
greenmachine012's Tacoma Gallery
Im currently in Yemen right now. This place isn't too bad compared to my 2 pumps in Iraq, and 1 pump in Afghanistan. Im a short timer and didnt have enough time to go back to Afghanistan with my BN so i volunteered for this deployment. Unfortunatly not too much before I found out about this I bought a new DC 4x4, got to drive it about a month and then left for here. Im just trying to find some good ideas for things to do with my truck. I had a car before that and never owned a truck.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #31
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Got less than 30 days left in Trashcanistan! Can not wait to leave this pile of garbage!