Originally Posted by 619ivanru
im 20 years old tired of my job got bills to pay and going to school
ready to get some world experience
i will be joining the navy
any advise on what to expect?
Hey OP join what ever branch you want. Good luck. Find a rating that interests you. But in my short 5 years in the Coast Guard as an AET on C130 I have seen lots of guys from different branches that now love the Coast Guard.
REMEMBER THESES WORDS.
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse (or the Quarterdeck) than my own
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only..
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the Corporal of the Guard/Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.