Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

joining the military

Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
The Coast Guard is DHS - the FBI and the NSA are not.
And just because we are not in DOD does not mean we are not a military service-Military is an organizational structure not a matter of what gov't department you are in. The UCMJ, the standard pay scales, deployments, uniforms-yup...all military.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Join the coast guard instead

x2!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
are they accepting (hiring, whatever you call it) people again? I emailed the local recruiter and tried calling him, and he never returned anything.
Idk if in your location there are not but I take my AVSAB on NOV 16

Hopefully i get moar then 75 on it lmao
Old 10-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #26

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
ASVAB is ez sauce.
I got a 96

And now that score counts for absolute nadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

I have never been good in math
Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
To each his own, but until USCG is part of DOD...it's not part of military to me.
When I was stuck in 8 foot swells and growing, 30+ miles off shore with a blown motor and no way of getting home I didn't give a damn whether they were or not. They saved us and that's all that mattered. As far as I know they are setup just like any other military service. They have ranks, pay grades per rank, uniforms, military style training, deployments, and a kick ass job to boot. Military or not they are awesome.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #28
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
I have never been good in math
It's just basic arithmatic and a tiny bit of algebra/geo.

have you tried the study guides?

Go Army!

(This crap stirring comment brought to you by: Pineapples! )
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Our ranking structure is the same that of the Navy, and we've been around longer than the Navy. Our military customs is the same that of the Marines. When we get punished, it is based on the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. When penalized, we go to Leavenworth. We are an armed service, that is undeniable. We in fact do go overseas, my ship right after I left was part of the Abraham Lincoln battle group that went out of hemisphere.

You may be overseas more, but when the shit comes to the homefront, who will be first response. We are. Aside from fighters on alert status and can fly much faster then our helos, we are authorized Airborne Use of Force in defense of the homeland. We are trained in airborne intercept, and our ships are outfitted with 76mm cannons, 25mm machine guns, SRBOC and Phalanx systems capable of being quite destructive.

Let alone how everyday we pull people out of the water, enforce security zones, conduct safety patrols, maintain aids to navigation, break ice, conduct counter-narcotic missions, interdict alien migrant immigration, and the one that cracks me up is telling the Navy ships to shut off their damn EPIRBS because they've been going off for two days and deny it becuase they think they're god. (Did that one personally )

So ya know what... You're right, we're not part of the military, we're alot MORE than the military. You guys are starting to piss me off on this one.....
Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #30
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
On top of that.... anyone care to explain why a large percentage of Coast Guard is prior service individuals? Think they might know something you dont? Go sit on your little pedestals thinking you're such a badass... I don't want to hear you complain about how your job sucks because you're working your ass off doing the same shit every day, day in, day out, and you're too ignorant to admit you made the wrong decision.

Prime example. My good friend from high school is in the Air Force, working on C-130s just like me. He hates life. Too much politics, bullshit and people sitting around pushing off their work on others. I look around on my hangar deck and there is not a SINGLE PERSON who hates working here. We are proud of what we do, and that in itself makes morale 100x better.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #32
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Coast guard is the way to go! Have had a great 2 and a half years in so far.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #33

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #34
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
are they accepting (hiring, whatever you call it) people again? I emailed the local recruiter and tried calling him, and he never returned anything.

The recruiters will never return your call. They never returned my call when I joined. It took me a year and a half to get in. Why? Because we have such a high retainment rate (very few people get out of the CG after 6 or 8 years, most do a full 20 years and get a retirement). I wonder why?

If you want to get into the Coast Guard, harass your recruiter, call him every day until he answers you. Its the only way. Right now we are pretty booked up, but should be able to sneak in a couple every month or two.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 PM   #36
CGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Avionics Tech
Name: Phillip
CGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619ivanru View Post
im 20 years old tired of my job got bills to pay and going to school
ready to get some world experience
i will be joining the navy
any advise on what to expect?

Hey OP join what ever branch you want. Good luck. Find a rating that interests you. But in my short 5 years in the Coast Guard as an AET on C130 I have seen lots of guys from different branches that now love the Coast Guard.

REMEMBER THESES WORDS.

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse (or the Quarterdeck) than my own

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only..

7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the Corporal of the Guard/Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #37
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
And the only one of those I ever remember was #5... haha. Relief often comes late Very good point though Phil, 11 GENERAL ORDERS....
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #38
CGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Avionics Tech
Name: Phillip
CGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And the only one of those I ever remember was #5... haha. Relief often comes late Very good point though Phil, 11 GENERAL ORDERS....
Remembered cause of FULL Metal Jacket.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yes, you pushed my buttons tonight boys. Lets hear it.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #40
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Join the Army.

1) We're not the Navy.
2) We're not a Department of the Navy
3) We're not the Chair Force