Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

joining the military

Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #41
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Another +1 for Coast Guard. I've never met a coastie that regretted joining.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #42
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo View Post
Another +1 for Coast Guard. I've never met a coastie that regretted joining.
Usually people that regret joining any branch are weak hearted pussies that didn't think through what they were doing, and though because someone else could do it they could do it. A couple hundred thousand people are going to realize that they can't make it in the Army because the Army is going back to the way things used to be....with some modernized change.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #43
ih8hippies is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Veteran IS1
ih8hippies's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
To each his own, but until USCG is part of DOD...it's not part of military to me.
I'm simply a lurker here...but I have to ask, are you even a Marine, or even in the Military? If not, you should ditch the avatar.

FWIW, I have a few relatives in/retired from the Marines, worked with several Marines when I was AD & deal with them @ my current job. I've been told quite a few times that Marines are taught some history - like Munro, Vietnam....and ODS.

I really don't care what you opinion is...but you sure don't sound like you're in the Marines.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #44
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ship Serviceman 3rd Class
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
study for the ASVAB so you can get a rating worth something when you get out...

Look into CT, IS, IT, AE/AT, or AC... BECAUSE BEING A BM, CS, SH, HT, TM, EN, or OS SUCKS

YES IT DOES... AVOID THIS RATE AT ALL COSTS! I got dropped from nuke MM and got screwed into this rate. hate it.

And make sure you make sure everything is squared away BEFORE going to boot camp. Contract, eligibility, etc. Cuz if you become ineligible for the job u pick, they put u where they need you. Which is almost never where you want to go.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #45
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Coastie guy tries so hard to fit in.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #46
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Job choices

If you have any chance at a job choice, pick something that you can use when you get out.........

Went to many high school career fairs when I was on active duty......one kid told me he was joining the Marines. I asked him what he was going to do in the Marines.....told me he was going to be a machine gunner. I handed him the local phone book and told him to find "machine gunner" in the yellow pages........
Old 10-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #49
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Brian the Navy's birth date is Friday Oct 13, 1775...
http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm

USCG birth date is August 4, 1790...
http://www.uscg.mil/history/

Sorry bro but we came first! We also had aircraft before any other service... We even used dirigibles in the civil war to spot advancing enemy ships. Giving the US Navy the title of first service to use aircraft long before anyone else!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #50
CGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Avionics Tech
Name: Phillip
CGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Brian the Navy's birth date is Friday Oct 13, 1775...
http://www.history.navy.mil/birthday.htm

USCG birth date is August 4, 1790...
http://www.uscg.mil/history/

Sorry bro but we came first! We also had aircraft before any other service... We even used dirigibles in the civil war to spot advancing enemy ships. Giving the US Navy the title of first service to use aircraft long before anyone else!
I get lost with this. Because that is all I hear that were the oldest "continuous" seagoing service. But as you looked up your date is earlier. So now I need to look up that crap.

AHHH I found it

The United States would be without a navy for nearly a decade—a state of affairs that exposed its merchant ships to a series of attacks by Barbary pirates. The sole armed maritime presence between 1790 and the launching of the U.S. Navy's first warships in 1797 was the U.S. Revenue Cutter Service (USRCS), the primary predecessor of the U.S. Coast Guard. Although USRCS Cutters conducted operations against these pirates, the depredations far outstripped the abilities of the USRCS and Congress ordered the construction and manning of six frigates on 27 March 1794;[12] three years later the first three were welcomed into service: the USS United States, USS Constellation and USS Constitution.

O and Im just learning here not meant to start anything.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #51
2 in the head and you know their dead!!
armyguy will become famous soon enougharmyguy will become famous soon enough
Army: Infantry 4-4ID
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
Enlist in the Air Force instead, we send our officers to fight.
Rules of DOD:

Marine Corps Rules:
1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot...

Navy SEAL's Rules:
1. Look very cool in sunglasses.
2. Kill every living thing within view.
3. Adjust Speedo.
4. Check hair in mirror.

US Army Rangers Rules:
1. Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
2. Locate individuals requiring killing.
3. Request permission via radio from "Higher" to perform killing.
4. Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
5. Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.
6. Look like a BADASS while doing it...

US Army Rules:
1. Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
2. Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
3. Curse bitterly.
4. Curse bitterly
5. Do not listen to 2nd Lieutenants. They can get you killed.
6. Curse bitterly.

US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask "What is a gunfight?"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation.
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 1345 tee-time.
10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.

US Navy Rules:
1. Go to Sea.
2. Drink Coffee.
3. Deploy Marines
You forgot Rule number 6 for army rangers...
Old 10-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #52
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Join your local 4H instead.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #54
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To each his own, but until USCG is part of DOD...it's not part of military to me.

No Marine I know would ever doubt the Coast Guard as a service.

And considering that your personal opinion has no value compared to public law. I'd saw took off

Title 14 United States Code. Part 1 Chapter 1.
The Coast Guard as established January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times. The Coast Guard shall be a service in the Department of Homeland Security, except when operating as a service in the Navy.

Again, I say pound sand.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #55
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post

And considering that your personal opinion has no value compared to public law. I'd saw took off

The Coast Guard as established January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times. The Coast Guard shall be a service in the Department of Homeland Security, except when operating as a service in the Navy.

Again, I say pound sand.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #56
Fast Cars, Off-Road Trucks, and Hott Women ;)
Taco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco.VR4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medical Corps
Name: Jake
Taco.VR4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say join the CG

I'm serious. Don't get me wrong, I love the Army

I have deployed with the Navy to Guam/Phill/Vietnam/Singapore/Cambodia/Aussieland. I've trained with alot of the "chairmen" Been to Great Lakes, Camp Pendleton/Naval Base San Diego, Cape May, Sector Detroit, Sector Grand Haven, etc. I've seen alot of all the branches.

oh and my best friend's a GM3 in the CG, and I know quite a few others, one being here on TW

You will get some good and some bad in every branch. A complainer in one branch will be a complainer in another.

Join the Coast Guard because:
#1 Close-knit group
#2 Its the Navy without the 1/4 ratio of pricks
#3 Your deployments are about the equivalent of Army leave
#4 Military Service just as impressive on your resume
#5 Its gotta say something when even the rafts have 240s/.50 cals on them

Quote:
I second that; any Marine quickly realizes how much the Marines and the CG support each other in training activities and in the field.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #57
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
young, dumb and full of cum

What are the 5 branches of the military?
  • US Navy
  • US Army
  • US Marine Corps (which is a department of the Navy)
  • US Air Force
  • Coast Guard
There are 7 uniformed services, the above plus:
  • Public Health Service
  • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #58
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:

Again, I say pound sand.
Well said! I guess its times like these that all the service-wide studying pays off :P

Marines... as well as any service, you all have my respect for what you do everyday, and I honestly would go in a heartbeat with you guys overseas, but thats not so much in the job description.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 AM   #59
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #60
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I served a three year tour at Fleet Training Group Pearl Harbor. It was one of the best tours of my career. I found the US Navy to be a dedicated, well trained and highly professional armed force. But be advised: the Navy's job is to fight AT SEA, so don't think you're gonna' be spending a lot of time at home with your family.